1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad gave me this revolver know next to nothing about revolvers such as pinned or recessed etc. Been looking online and info is all over the place on 38SW round. Is this a keeper or not just asking with recent purchases need to clean room out in the safe and my dad bought this from a buddy didn't shoot it he traded me for a Glock. It's my dad I have to say yes. You guys have been extremely helpful with 1911 and I know several of you like wheel guns so thank you for what ever information you can provide.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Description:Smith & Wesson Model 33-1, known as the .38 Regulation Police, 5 shot revolver, 4 inch barrel, S&W "J frame" in .38 S&W caliber (NOT .38 Special). Found this online . Had one quite a few years ago , (inherited it), never shot it much due to price and scarcity of ammo . No sentimental value to me so I sold it .

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
@mikegalway so not worth keeping? again no special connection to it just sitting in the safe.
It wasn't for me . Everybody's different . I'm mainly a shooter . If I'm not using something I think of sending it down the line . I have no son's or grandchildren to leave anything to , so hanging on to something I don't use is pointless to me .

·
NRA Endowment member
3,149 Posts
Wikipedia

.38 S&W. The .38 S&W (9×20mmR) is a revolver cartridge developed by Smith & Wesson in 1877. ... Though similar in name, it is not interchangeable with the later .38 Smith & Wesson Special due to a different case shape and slightly larger bullet diameter.

Reactions: DR_Diesel
1 - 6 of 6 Posts