SW 33-i help

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by DR_Diesel, Apr 24, 2019.

1. DR_Diesel

DR_Diesel Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2019
    So my dad gave me this revolver know next to nothing about revolvers such as pinned or recessed etc. Been looking online and info is all over the place on 38SW round. Is this a keeper or not just asking with recent purchases need to clean room out in the safe and my dad bought this from a buddy didn't shoot it he traded me for a Glock. It's my dad I have to say yes. You guys have been extremely helpful with 1911 and I know several of you like wheel guns so thank you for what ever information you can provide.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

2. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013

3. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Description:Smith & Wesson Model 33-1, known as the .38 Regulation Police, 5 shot revolver, 4 inch barrel, S&W "J frame" in .38 S&W caliber (NOT .38 Special). Found this online . Had one quite a few years ago , (inherited it), never shot it much due to price and scarcity of ammo . No sentimental value to me so I sold it .

41 Charlie likes this.
  4. DR_Diesel

DR_Diesel Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2019
    @mikegalway so not worth keeping? again no special connection to it just sitting in the safe.

5. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    It wasn't for me . Everybody's different . I'm mainly a shooter . If I'm not using something I think of sending it down the line . I have no son's or grandchildren to leave anything to , so hanging on to something I don't use is pointless to me .

DR_Diesel likes this.
  6. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Wikipedia

.38 S&W. The .38 S&W (9×20mmR) is a revolver cartridge developed by Smith & Wesson in 1877. ... Though similar in name, it is not interchangeable with the later .38 Smith & Wesson Special due to a different case shape and slightly larger bullet diameter.

DR_Diesel likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted