SW1911E (108482) vs. SA Loaded (PX9151LP)?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by tcpip95, Feb 3, 2012.

1. tcpip95

tcpip95 New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    I want to add one more 1911 and I'm going back and forth between these two guns. Price differential is not an issue. Which would you choose and why?

Thanks.

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Springfield has one of the best customer service departments in the business.
    Springfield also has a true custom shop.

3. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Here is a dreaded "N" Loaded 2009 production I took on trade that supposedly didn't shoot straight... I was mostly concerned about the frame/slide fit and the trigger had to be around 7#. Sent the loaded back to SA and this was performed and shipped on their dime... now a 2" shooter. There is something to be said about CS... granted, there shouldn't have been any need to perform this, but they did.

S&W make excellent revolvers and all-right autos JMPO.

[​IMG]

4. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I was asking myself the same question about this time last year. Eventually, I decided to get the Springfield, except that I bought the Trophy Match instead of the Loaded. The Trophy Match is essentially a target version of the TRP in stainless. I haven't regretted it a bit. In fact, I contacted Springfield earlier today about making another one in 38 Super.

Don't get me wrong - we like S&Ws. We've got a half dozen S&W in the safe ranging from 20 year old Lady Smith & her mate, the 3913 "NL" to an M&P 40L I use in competition, with a 686 and others in between. The Smith's are good guns, but the Springfields have the potential to be great guns. For example, if you get the Loaded and later decided you'd like it to be more accurate, send it to SA and they'll massage it and it will be just as accurate as an S&W Performance Center 1911.

Here's what 8 rounds looks like from my Springfield at 20 yards, supported but not from a rest.

SA1911TM_target_IMG_3617.jpg

Or, maybe you'd like a bobtail like what SA just did to mine.

SA_1911_Trophy_Match-5610.jpg

Pretty decent slide to frame fit.

SA_1911_TM_IMG_3624.jpg

5. tcpip95

tcpip95 New Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback. I think it's gonna be the SA.... I just keep hearing great things about them - and their customer service. Many thanks.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted