1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I gonna be able to drift out the sights on my Springer TRP without buying a sight adjuster? Does SA put some kind of glue or something in there in addition to the set screw? Any help much appreciated.

·
resident crank
1,976 Posts
Which sights are you thinking of installing? I don't worry as much about getting sights out that I probably will never use again, but drifting in new sights that need to be fitted, especially if they have a tritium vial, can be interesting.

·
In Kentucky
9,128 Posts
I used Wilson battle sight and Dawson's fiber optic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,422 Posts
I bought a generic sight pusher for $39 over 3 years ago from Amazon. and I have never ran into a set of sights I haven't been able to get out or put in with that cheap tool. You have to clamp down on the slide right and pay close attention, but that has been one of the best buys for cheap in the way of gun tools I have ever made... It's paid for itself over and over again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gun came with tritium sights. I don’t like them. They’re hard to see during the day, which is when I do all my shooting. They might work in near-pitch-black defensive or tactical scenarios. I bought a set of three-dot sights from SA. You’re probably right fieldgrade: getting the old ones out will be the easy part!

·
resident crank
1,976 Posts
Will that work on front sights too?
Yes. If you ever decide to order one you can email the proprietor, Ed Jennings and tell him which pistol/s you are planning to use it on and he can tell you which sight pusher, and which adapters you want. I think he makes three sight pushers now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts