1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not resist to publish here a weapon shown by an acquaintance on a 1911 French forum. The weapon does not belong to him either but he had the opportunity to photograph it from all angles qlq years ago.

It is a civilian manufacturing weapon. Year of production 1937. Modified for Swartz safety. Renumbered and delivered to the army in 1943 without the parts of the NSD.

Its condition appears to be original.

I don't know the "F" under the barrel. I waited for a "G"...

03-gau10 (1).jpg
01-dro10 (1).jpg
02-dro10 (1).jpg
04-det10 (1).jpg
05-car10 (1).jpg
06-gli11.jpg
07-gli10.jpg
08-can10.jpg
09-can11.jpg

·
NRA Endowment member
3,145 Posts
Very interesting 1911AI. First one I’ve seen with swartz safety, adjustment trigger travel screw and both Military frame and Commercial slide.
Obvious roll marking and serial modification evidence.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Very interesting 1911A1. Love the photos.

·
Registered
319 Posts
At the beginning of WWII Colt found itself with a huge surplus of Government Model pistols. Something like 6600 of these were transferred to the military contract. The beautiful Colt blue was sandblasted off, the serial number was removed, U.S. military serial number and markings applied, and parkerized.
That one has been reblued and a trigger overtravel screw put in the trigger. F marked barrel is later Colt military, and aftermarket grips. Original barrel probably had S for Commercial Sales (S on receiver also.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the beginning of WWII Colt found itself with a huge surplus of Government Model pistols. Something like 6600 of these were transferred to the military contract. The beautiful Colt blue was sandblasted off, the serial number was removed, U.S. military serial number and markings applied, and parkerized.
That one has been reblued and a trigger overtravel screw put in the trigger. F marked barrel is later Colt military, and aftermarket grips. Original barrel probably had S for Commercial Sales (S on receiver also.)
When you say "later Colt Military". When ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts