1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted about this gun previously when I ordered it, ......it showed up today and I have to say I am beyond pleased with the LOOKS of it. The lines of the gun with that sweet smoked nitride finish are amazing. I will get it to the range at some point this week but so far I am beyond pleased with it. I have heard the smoked nitride finish as being a battle worn finish....I don't get that, it is more a softening and blending of the finish to me. Anyway I love it and can't wait to get some range time with it.

Thanks to Wichita Gun Club for hooking me up!
20200303_173926.jpg
20200303_173914.jpg
20200303_173902.jpg

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Congratulations on one sweet pistol!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Very nice! I have a special ordered Clapp Hawk being built that I can’t wait for! I am a big fan of the smoked nitride. I also don’t think it looks like a battleworn or distressed finish and it is only that way around the edges. @TheCollector describes it best as a type of sheen.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Called up NH to order one a month ago, was told that it'd be about 6 months until they can get me one. Being in NJ and having to get a permit ready it's looking like it won't happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check with some of the vendors. Wichita gun club had some in order when I contacted him, so I only had to wait a couple months.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Looks nice and crisp to me, I don't see the "battle worn" look others speak of.
But one way or the other , the important thing is that you're happy with it!
Nice piece, good fortune with it!

Reactions: Dwe

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
Congratulations on a fine Firearm.
Definitely a unique Colt to have in your collection.

·
We Are!
2,690 Posts
Congratulations - that looks great!

·
just one more
656 Posts
Yup that's a great looking gun. I'm sure it'll deliver at the range too, but looking forward to hearing a report.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I really like the look of that finish. Enjoy your new blaster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations!
As part of the package, did Nighthawk improve the fit of the thumb safety? That fit, or lack thereof, can be a major problem on Colt’s production offerings.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thumb safety fit is great. I have only encountered one colt with the thumb safety issue. That was a stainless 1991 in 38 super. The 45 91 was great, so was the 70 series and Delta. All the SCGs and the Carbonia were custom shop models which typically don't have the issue anyway.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
It looks great, I'm so excited to get mine but it'll be a while since it just arrived at NH yesterday

1 - 20 of 20 Posts