1911 Firearm Addicts banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
This brand new Mossberg 590A1 arrived ($729) so I did a total disassembly, cleaning and lubrication. I got all the below listed parts installed, forend sharkskin stipple job is completed, and the barrel is at Vang Comp getting modification with ports. I'll post updated pics when I get the barrel back from Vang Comp.

The 6-position stock and forend are listed for sale in the classifieds if you are interested.

Magpul SGA Stock & M-Lok Forend Kit
Magpul Type 1 & 2 Sling Mount Kits
Limbsaver Recoil Pad 10101 (Already have an extra SGA Remington 870 Pad Adaptor)
Magpul Forward Sling Mount MAG493
Vang Comp Side Saddle With 2 Carriers
Vang Comp Magazine Follower
NDZ Enhanced Safety Button (replacing one-way screw with Allen Head)
Wolff Extra Power Magazine Spring
Magpul 5-slot M-Lok Rail Section (to mount the Inforce WML)
Iforce WMLx Gen 2 Weapon Light, 800 Lumens

In Progress:
Sent the barrel off for the Vang Comp Barrel System With Porting (My 870's have it so getting this one done too).
Mossberg 590A1 14.jpg
Mossberg 590A1 5.jpg
Mossberg 590A1 6.jpg

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
This brand new Mossberg 590A1 arrived yesterday ($729) so I did a total disassembly, cleaning and lubrication. I am waiting some of the below listed parts to arrive, but at least they are ordered. Will sell the 6-position stock and forend after getting the Magpul SGA kit installed.

Magpul SGA Stock & M-Lok Forend Kit
Magpul Type 1 & 2 Sling Mount Kits
Limbsaver Recoil Pad 10101 (Already have an extra SGA Remington 870 Pad Adaptor)
Magpul Forward Sling Mount MAG493
Vang Comp Side Saddle With 2 Carriers
Vang Comp Magazine Follower
Brownells Enhanced Safety Button (replacing one-way screw with Allen Head)
Wolff Extra Power Magazine Spring
Magpul 5-slot M-Lok Rail Section (to mount the Inforce WML)
Iforce WMLx Gen 2 Weapon Light, 800 Lumens

Future work:
Sending the barrel off for the Vang Comp Barrel System With Porting (My 870's have it so getting this one done too).
View attachment 596329 View attachment 596335 View attachment 596337
Posted my magpuled out 870 earlier, is the vang comp porting really worth it? I'd like to get it done but I'm a duck hunter at heart and I'd be more interested in follow up shot speed than felt recoil. The 870 is a kitten (comparatively) as it sits. Got a shotgun class coming so that might change my mind.

·
Premium Member
26,189 Posts
Posted my magpuled out 870 earlier, is the vang comp porting really worth it? I'd like to get it done but I'm a duck hunter at heart and I'd be more interested in follow up shot speed than felt recoil. The 870 is a kitten (comparatively) as it sits. Got a shotgun class coming so that might change my mind.
Come by and shoot mine.....I think the Vang Comp mods make a difference. Well worth it in my book

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lots of fancy hardware. I'm not even going to post a pic of mine. Just a run of the mill Maverick 88. Didn't cost much, and works like a charm. Only thing I want to have done is to get a shorter barrel with ghost ring sights. My buddy has them on his duty shotgun, and I do like the way they help with follow up shots. As for furniture, his is decked out with Magpul, and we have both decided that mine is softer recoiling with the stock setup.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts