Tanker style holster with USMC logo?

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Firedude, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Firedude

Firedude Active Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Anyone know where to find a quality, tan leather, tanker style holster with the USMC logo on it? MY search-fu on the internet isn't finding much and the stuff I do find looks pretty poor quality leather.

Thank you!

2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    El Paso Saddlery will make you one. My dad had them make one with 'USAF' stamped on it to go with a Colt commander I had built for my son who is in USAF special ops. The holster was very nicely done, he ordered it with the lining, and when he got it he finished it by hand rubbing several coats of neatsfoot oil into it.
    [​IMG]

3. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    You might want to contact Hill Country Leather in Brownwood Tx.

I have had a Tanker/Pilot Shoulder Stamped "US" but I would think they could just as easily be USMC

[​IMG]

The El Paso above looks a nicer than mine

Karsten

Company Name:
    HILL COUNTRY LEATHER INC
    Address:
    2103 Fisk Ave
    City:
    Brownwood
    State:
    Texas
    Zip Code:
    76801-3937
    Phone:
    325-643-5922
    Fax:
    325-646-0503
    Contact Person:
    LAURIE PERKINS

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  4. Firedude

Firedude Active Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Thank you! Would either of those fit a railed 1911?

5. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    If you wet the front leather (stamped portion) Back is flat leather as is. Oil the pistol up good and wrap it in plastic wrap and push the pistol in as far as it will go them let it dry it should dry to the new shape with the rail.

Karsten

6. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    I'd assume El Paso makes them for railed 1911s but if you call them they can tell you for sure.

wcanterbury likes this.
  7. Firedude

Firedude Active Member

Sep 30, 2018
    I checked their website, and they do, by manufacture. They had a Kimber railed 5". I'm building a railed 1911 for my son for a graduation present from the US Naval Academy, so that may be the closest thing for a match. He plans on commissioning Marine Corps Aviation, so I thought a USMC tanker style holster would be pretty cool addition.

wcanterbury and SparkyAZ like this.
  8. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    If you want any work done mechanically or engraving contact David Clevinger at Clevinger Customs...http://www.dcengraving.com/ The third pistol on right at David's home page is mine. The picture doesn't do it justice!

Firedude and WC145 like this.
  9. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    I think most of their stuff is made to order. The gun and holster set will be a great gift for your son. Best of luck to him.

Firedude and wcanterbury like this.
  10. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I am VERY happy with the holsters I have ordered from El Paso Saddlery. Definitely get the lined holster. Sign up on their website for sale notifications as they have offered up to 20% off at various times of the year!

Firedude likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted