1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
I've owned a couple of Taurus revolvers over the years, won't ever buy another one. Shoddy workmanship, poor customer service, loooong turn around times for repairs.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I've heard the same thing WC145 said, but I have two of them and never had any problems with either of them. It may be a hit and miss situation but there seems to be a lot of them out there.

·
just one more
656 Posts
I have heard many stories of terrible quality, barely above a rock, multiple trips for warranty etc. I have seen 1 or maybe 2 that weren't great but not shot enough to tell if they'd sink or swim. (I'm guessing sink). I personally have a gun that's got several thousand rounds through it (steel j frame 38spl) that I took to a demanding snubby pistol class and it functioned as thought the gun itself didn't know what label was on the sideplate. I also own a titanium snubby that has been just as reliable although several ounces lighter.

I've come to think a big part of the issue is just quality control, some are good, other's like forest gump's box of chocolates. Although I've had a decent experience I chalk it up to luck, save for another month or so and buy a S&W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts