1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking hard at this pistol. Tell me why I should or shouldn't purchase. Love the all black with polished barrel. Flat K trigger. Good looking gun IMHO. It would be my sometimes IWB, OWB and truck gun. Plus if there is something very simular to this and not double the price I'd like to know. Thanks

Dan-Wesson-TCP-9.jpg
HGMJ19-dan-wesson-2-extra.jpg

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,101 Posts
Looking hard at this pistol. Tell me why I should or shouldn't purchase. Love the all black with polished barrel. Flat K trigger. Good looking gun IMHO. It would be my sometimes IWB, OWB and truck gun. Plus if there is something very simular to this and not double the price I'd like to know. Thanks

View attachment 457153 View attachment 457157

I have been looking at these too since they came out. It’s absolutely a BA looking gun all murdered out like that.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Jollyroger1

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,026 Posts
I like it, looks great

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,101 Posts
Seeing that trigger almost makes me want to change mine out to that. Lol

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,057 Posts

View attachment 457153 View attachment 457157
Can’t think of one.

Reactions: OldCuz and Greg M.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it is nicely fit, tight, and has a smooth trigger. I anticipate nothing but typical Dan Wesson goodness when I do make it to the range. So far I am very pleased with my purchase, which was over half the price of a comparable Wilson lightweight light rail.....

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it is nicely fit, tight, and has a smooth trigger. I anticipate nothing but typical Dan Wesson goodness when I do make it to the range. So far I am very pleased with my purchase, which was over half the price of a comparable Wilson lightweight light rail.....
Yeah I know what you're saying. I've been looking at Nighthawk guns in stock this morning. Very tempting. Dan Wesson is a well made. Tight and has top quality parts. I think that for the money it's probably the best 1911 value goin . Les Baer is another. I'm sure that I will end up owning a few full custom 1911's at some point. But will probably buy them preowned.

I'd love to have this Nighthawk Firehawk in a 10mm. They're not avalible just yet though. This would be the one I'd buy if I were to buy one new.
rndz18-firehawk-left.jpg
1-NH-FH-MuzzleC-1024x682.jpg

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I just won a bid at GunBroker.com. Picked up a new Dan Wesson TCP 9m for $1205. I will be posting some pics whenever it arrives. And guess what @Dwe, I don't have to polish the barrel. :thumbs: lol.

IMG_0287.jpg

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Haven't seen a lot on this gun. But what I have it's all been positive. The shape, the lines got my attention. Plus I was wanting a 1911 that I could carry. I only have 2 so far. A DW Kodiak longslide and a LB Boss. Really don't intend to carry either one of those. I will be taking the Kodiak in the mountains of NC. Camping and hiking. Also planning to boar hunt at some point. I already have a pocket carry that really like but nothing I would carry on my belt till now. That's what I plan to do with the TCP. Now I just have to find a good quality leather owb holster for concealed carry.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Great looking gun and a great pick up.
Pretty sure you'll enjoy that one, good fortune with it.
Keep us filled in with a range report of two!

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talked to my FFL Fuquay Gun this morning. Thankfully they are able to stay open. Hopefully I'll be reciving it one day next week. Photo spread to follow soon after :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts