Techwell Ergo grips

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by Linkscoach, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Linkscoach

Linkscoach Member

Sep 25, 2016
  2. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Never seen those before, don't think I'd be interesting in adding that much thickness to a 1911. I've never had issues with standard or thin grips, never wanted them thicker so I can't see any big advantage to those. Roco makes a set of grips with a slight palmswell, the S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series comes with them from the factory. They're comfortable, I have a set on one of my guns, but I don't find that there is any great advantage to them, which is why they're only on one of my guns.
    www.roco-dr.de/pr02.htm

I also find their idea to add weight in the grips suspect, adding weight in the grip area wouldn't give any recoil control advantage. If anything, I would think that it would increase muzzle flip/rise by changing the balance of the gun by making the heavier grip area a pivot point.

3. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    What did they do to the thumb safety?

[​IMG]

WWB likes this.
  4. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Wow, that's odd.

5. Linkscoach

Linkscoach Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Didn’t even notice that safety. I have no idea why someone would pin a thumb safety off.

6. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Does not look like a pinned safety, more of a limit to how low it will travel in the off position. But who knows...

7. Optimistick

Optimistick New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    I’m just got the Ergo Positechs on one of mine with XT mag well. I absolutely love them. I get a much much better grip on the gun than I do with the SureTec aggressive I was running previously. . So much so that I ordered more ergos to replace my remaining SureTecs. They are now hands down my favorite grips. Much more room for support hand.

8. cas

cas Active Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I assume it's a crude way of keeping the safety on the demo frame.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted