Ten percent Postal Increase coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dallas Knight, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    A roll of 100 ‘Forever’ Stamps cost $50 (or fifty cents per First Class stamp).

If the Post Office has its way (& when hasn’t it?), that First Class stamp will soon cost fifty-five cents or $55 for a roll of 100 Forever Stamps.

Might want to go get ya a roll (or two) before the price increase. Price increase would become effective in January.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/usps-stamp-price-increase-proporsal-today-2018-10-10/

2. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Bastages!!! I still mail bills and cards, might have to switch to electronic bill pay. That extra 10% will end up costing them even more business.

3. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Wish they would charge the bulk mail solicitations mailers the regular rate. Then there would be less junk mail to throw out and then the usless postal service might just make money

4. Dallas Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Babboonbob, just about the only thing I’d hate worse is giving my checking account/banking information out to even more folks than I already do!

Capthobo, amen!
    (What more can I say?)
    The bulk/junk mailers have long skirted the system by not paying their fair share and ‘bogging down’ the entire postal system! Increasing First Class postage is like increasing taxes on the Middle class.

Capthobo and KS95B40 like this.
  5. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Pretty sure the people you are paying already have it.. :)
    Bill Pay through your bank is a win win. I only have one bill I cannot pay through my bank for free. I use approximately 1 stamp a month. Dont think I will notice the increase.

gun_fan111 likes this.
  6. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Yep, every time you mail a check you give out your checking account information to a number of people the piece of paper will be handled by...

7. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I have no problems with the price hike.
    The PO is still a lot cheaper to mail a card to Spokane than I can deliver it myself.

wcanterbury, Scaramouche and KS95B40 like this.
  8. KS95B40

KS95B40 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2017
    The USPS is a heck of a deal. Until they lose or damage something... then they are a REAL PITA!!!

wcanterbury likes this.
  9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

Yep....

Or when they lose a money order,....now that is a PITA

KS95B40 likes this.
  10. Dallas Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    Yep, it’s not the people who are supposed to be handling my information I’m worried about - it’s the hackers who gain access and sell the information, I’m worried about.

11. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    No argument here. Just keep in mind when that piece of paper gets to the recipient, it still gets processed electronically by the banks.

12. jimmy james

jimmy james 1911 Fiend

Aug 29, 2017
    I guess Priority Mail rates will go up too. That's the only USPS service that I use and then only when I have to. My local PO is only useful as a cure for low blood pressure.

KS95B40 likes this.
  13. GA 1911

GA 1911 Colt 1911 Government

Feb 6, 2016
    I get mail about 5 days a week. On a holiday weekend, I can go three days with no mail.

We should just lay-off most USPS employees and go to a three day/per week delivery.

14. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Has anyone ever noticed that the USPS has the only vehicles on the road without license plates, other than my sister in Kentucky that thinks it’s not necessary! Just think of all the money they save in registration fees. If all those vehicles needed yearly registration it would cost a dam fortune!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    wcanterbury likes this.
  15. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I will just buy a roll of forever stamps and that should last me ten years!

simonp and ZoidMeister like this.
  16. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    Same here! I mail one item a month, irritates me that I can’t pay them electronically but that’s the only one and it’s going away soon. I hate USPS and try to never use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted