1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After obtaining a Springfield Professional my curiosity peaked about the extremely rare TGO.
A simple post here lead to @BBP stating he had a used one. One thing lead to another and a deal was made. The gun traveled from Baltimore to my home in Northern Illinois (via FFL) and arrived in way better condition than I expected. In my past week of research I have already seen post from 2 previous owners of this exact gun. One of the owners was @440Coronet who has not been seen around here in 6 months.
I went to the range tonight for my Thursday night competition and threw it in my range bag to show the guys. One of my shooting buddies, Tom (who lives 40 miles north of me), loves 1911s and while he was pulling it out of my gun rug he jokingly said, "Is it #101?"
HUH? WHAT? HOW DID HE KNOW?????????

Come to find out, Tom had bought this exact TGO brand new and traded it in to Gander Mountain many years ago!

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Black Tan

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Small world...

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Duke, as you taking numbers for "next in line?"

And speaking of "numbers", that serial number ought to be tickling your fancy @Bender . . . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.