Thank You ALL~!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Integrity Arms, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I wanted to take the time to say Thank you to each and every person on this forum. It never ceases to amaze me the tight knit bond that many of us in this forum have. I am constantly getting stuff in the mail from members sending me parts, gun oil, lending me tools, giving me advice, encouraging me on my progress, giving me insight into things, sharing information, praying for my wife when she was ill.

I can't say thanks enough guys all of you seriously have restored some of my faith in humanity. After dealing with so many different types of people in the construction field over the years, suppliers, salesmen, employees, customers, service reps etc... I got to a place where I was a bit lacking in my faith in meeting anyone that meant well, and wasn't only out for themselves and what they stood to gain from being friendly, or being kind in some way. I too often seen ulterior motives later attached to that kindness and friendliness.

But, that is not the case here, especially with a number of the gents on this forum who have bent over backwards in one way or another to make me feel accepted here and needed as well.. And on top of that, not one has asked for anything in return.. But, I do plan on reciprocating and returning the favors somehow when I might have something in which to contribute myself in some way.. Just wanted to put this out there and tell all of you that you can all pat yourselves on the back YOU'RE GOOD PEOPLE, Plan and simple. No better way to put it. Don't let anyone tell you different and don't ever forget it.

Gun guys are some of the best folk in the world, and it would do the liberal fruit cakes in this world a lot of good to just take a minute to realize that. But, It takes all kinds, but the people here are just good folk and that's all there is to it, with a lot to contribute not only to this forum but, too life in general...

If I were to list everyone's name that has helped me or contributed to the cause in someway. I'd be here for the next 3 days typing names. You all are just Awesome Period...

ZArugby, Coolsound, isialk and 24 others like this.
  2. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Pass on the hug, kool man.

Steve Owens and ZoidMeister like this.
  4. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Steve Owens:
    That's a great statement by a real contributor. I'm on five "forums" and this is, by far, the best of the bunch. Lots of good technical info, great folks to deal with, and very few personal vendettas going on. This forum is here to stay!

5. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
    Steve, I cannot agree more. I have said before that during this time of joblessness I have had so many here reach out to wish me well, provide direction or just encourage me. Furthermore, as I have gone through a pretty significant sell off to cover my needs people have stepped up so that right now I am down to a single Colt that I still need to sell.

That has been a huge help.

Additionally, as you noted the general feel of this forum is so much better than others I have been a part of. So much so that I no longer visit 95% of the other sites. I just stay here. There are no flame wars and people are generally civil. Actually more than generally civil they are down right nice and helpful.

I have been a part of forums where people just thrive on trolling others. So much so that for a while I could not see a joke as anything other than trolling. This forum has cured me of that. It is all good natured fun and no one ever takes it too seriously (well for the most part).

I endorse this message 100%

6. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Agreed. Good forum, good people.

Steve Owens and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Life is just full of enough **** and problems ya know.. It's just nice to have somewhere to get away from it all. I've said it before that guns aren't the only thing most all if us have in common, but thats just the commonality that's brought us all here, the rest I believe comes from the fact that the majority of the people in this forum genuinely care, and the majority rules.

Kip, Journeyman1234 and ZoidMeister like this.
  8. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Kumbayah my Lord, Kumbayah
    Oh lord, Kumbayah

Someone's praying Lord, Kumbayah
    Oh lord, Kumbayah

Someone's singing Lord, Kumbayah
    Oh lord, Kumbayah

Oh lord, Kumbayah

Someone's shouting Lord, Kumbayah
    Oh lord, Kumbayah
    :sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

Babboonbobo, WC145 and Steve Owens like this.
  9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
  10. salelcid

salelcid Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 28, 2015
    Well said by all of y’all!

Steve Owens likes this.
  11. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Thanks Steve we are all glad you’re here glad to be able to help out..

salelcid and Steve Owens like this.
  12. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit.
    That just gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling just like a biscuit right out of the oven. :p

Steve Owens likes this.
  13. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Great post and I love you all! There is nothing like logging on during my lunch break and escaping all the BS I have to put up with day in and day out but the job lets me afford more toys!

14. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

Hey, hey, y'all forgot the photo op with ME in it . . . . . .

group-hug-curly.jpg

15. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Striking your Exorcist pose nonetheless lmbo... ;)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  16. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    My yoga classes have been paying off for me . . . . I'm as limber as I've ever been . . . .

gps man likes this.
  17. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Couldn’t agree more Steve. Im not a special person really in any way but im learning a lot on this forum. Glad things are on the upswing with your wife’s health. Thanks for the sentiment and posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I bet your ol' lady likes ya being limber. ;)

19. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    There is a prick or two here. I wouldn't know who though. :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted