Thanks To Guncrafter

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Sneaky One, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I want to give a special thanks to Derek Parker and Guncrafter Industries. As some will remember I accidentally loaded some 10mm rounds in my 45acp mags. Shot three rounds before I figured it out Cases were blown. Gun looked allright to me and I shot another 50 flawless rounds of the correct ammo ? But it just bothered me as this is my favorite gun I own. I spoke to Derek and he said send it up.

I sent via UPS and they received it today around lunch. I got a call an hour ago and the smith had already gone through the gun. Said there was a small ring in the bore from the burst cartridge that could only be seen with a loop. He sanded it and said good as new . Slide stop and everything else was good. Shipping it back to me tomorrow.

How is that for taking care of a customer. I know how busy they are but they took the time to fix me up immediately. This just reassures me that I made the right decision having them build my third GI that is in process now. Wait til you see this next one !. Thanks Derek and thanks Guncrafter !

2. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Doesn't get better than that. Kudos to GI.

Sneaky One likes this.

3. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    That’s great congrats... Wish they had done this for me lol my wait was much longer for minor issue... But in end it worked out as it should have.

Sneaky One likes this.
  4. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    A Guncrafter pistol posted here the other day caused me to go over to their website. I spent way too long drooling over their pistols. I'd definitely like to have a NN.

Raylan Givens and Sneaky One like this.
  5. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Glad we could get you squared away!

It doesn't always happen that fast, but sometimes the planets align just right...

6. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    I understand that, and certainly didn't expect it ! But I'm happy as hell !

7. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Out of curiosity. Which type of 10mm rounds did you fire?

8. alias

alias Dremel jockey

Aug 18, 2011
    10mm in a 45acp chamber?
    Did the slide cycle?
    Where was the ring? Bore of barrel or chamber?
    How was this sanded out?

9. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    It was a 180gr Sellier & Bellot FMJ. Ring was in the chamber. First round ejected.

10. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I have been lusting after one of their guns for quite sometime. Not sure I will ever have the budget again to own one. If I was still running my const. company I'd already had one of their guns on order a year or more ago. From what I have seen if the guns shoot anywhere near how they look then they are the rising start about to dethrone a big boy or two...

william adams and Sneaky One like this.
  11. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Incredible 1911's and great people at GI.

Sneaky One likes this.
  12. dougwtx

dougwtx Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 8, 2011
    Good people at that shop. Great product with excellent service.

13. Sneaky One

Aug 14, 2016
    One thing I can promise, it will never happen again !

14. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    I love GI. They are excellent in every way.

15. Billy Rao

Billy Rao Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Glad it worked out for you. Really makes you feel confident in your purchase when the company provides such great service. Kudo's to GI.

Sneaky One and blitz45 like this.
  16. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    THAT i s great cs. helping you with an issue you caused. kudos

17. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Well, our backgrounds are similar. I was a carpenter for over 40 years with 25 of that holding a general contractors license in 3 states. I have always liked and had guns but when I was working I was not addicted. Way too busy and tired for hobbies. Now I'm old, broken and want way more than my fixed income will allow. I kick myself for not having several of the top smiths examples and a GI NN is on the list. But sadly won't happen
    Congrats OP, that's great service from GI

Steve Owens likes this.
  18. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes we do have very similar backgrounds, I was a general contractor for 25 years and was forced into an early retirement due to health and physical ailments more than likely mostly due to the abuse of my body over that 25 year span in more ways than one and a esophageal rupture pretty much side lined me 9 years after they told me to quit.. only had one pistol that whole entire time and couldn't even barely get out to shoot it on occasion, when i ended up disabled i about went nuts. What the heck does a guy who used to work 16 hrs a day 6 days a week and 1/2 days on Sunday supposed to do with all this extra time. First year I literally got sick. 2nd I vowed it wasn't happening again so i took off on my gun hobby. Now I have recently had a very good friend who knew my capabilities set me up with a small mill and away on the custom trail I have went. He has set me up as well as he could and the first project is his, and the second most likely lol. I love this work keeps my mind and my body busy and will allow me to own some custom guns, but done by yours truly lol. Where are you from sir, if you don't mind me asking?

19. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Good idea to send it in, better safe than sorry.

Sneaky One likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted