That sign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tarosean, Oct 15, 2018.

1. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    That sign that you're not adding to the gun collection this month. Despite the fact you want to say I'll take it on several current ones in the classifieds.. :(

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Oh man, been there, lived that...

KS95B40 and Babboonbobo like this.

3. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
  4. danc1996

danc1996 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    I love Chevy but im starting to be a fan of the idea that a solid Toyota will save you plenty of gun money. My dodge ram was a money pit for a while so i feel your pain. Good luck. Hope it's not too costly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.
  5. tarosean

Apr 7, 2013
    LOL I do own an Toyota FJ (one of the best vehicles I've ever owned for reliability) and a Ram Dually too.

Let's just say a new transfercase that decided to grenade is a whole lot cheaper than a Cummins rebuild. (Which I did a few years ago due to washed out rings.)

WWB likes this.
  6. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    My whoops sign. !
    E758A61E-7E37-41C8-9A66-178C87518F90.jpeg

C4FB21CE-F47E-4754-88FE-2376125649BD.jpeg

KS95B40, wcanterbury, WHEELS and 2 others like this.
  7. danc1996

danc1996 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Always wanted an FJ... such cool cars! My cummins has never had a single problem with the motor. Transmission on the other hand... not so much. The case split open on my way down to opening day of shotgun season and it was t long before it was running dry. A new trans is quite expensive let me tell ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

8. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Hate to see your Chevy up in the air like that. For 20 years I ran Chevy pickups...after experiencing what you are going through right now one-too-many times I went a different direction with a Honda SUV when we needed a new family car. The difference in reliability is astonishing -- not sure I will ever go back.

9. sellersm

sellersm Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Feel your pain. Our Honda minivan is dead. Going to just donate it and try to find something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Ouch.....sorry

11. tarosean

Apr 7, 2013
    The saga continues.

So the drivetrain was making a horrendous noise when I shut it down and had it towed in. Course being a 4x4 it was one of 3 things in my mind. Trans, Transfer Case, or Rear End.

I told my normal mechanic that the Tans was covered under a lifetime warranty from another shop. (Perhaps my first mistake?)

He thought it was the transfer case as there was some metal shavings and a burnt oil smell. So he changes that out at $2400 and some change. Only to call me today that it was the tranny and is still making the same horrid sound w/no reverse now. :bang:
    He wanted to make excuses on the fact that he couldn't drive it. Im like WTF he knew it was still kinda driveable. I also drove it onto the next tow trucks flatbed. (while he watched)

So now I sit, sipping my Knob Creek, wondering what the Trans shop will say about that shiny new transfer case and attempt to blame it.. :mad:

Think I am about to fire my most trusted mechanic. which kinda sucks.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted