1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
We Are!
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here’s a neat little, ah,“coin purse” from Barranti Leather (my first order from them). Quite a classic look, hm?

One hopes to not need ten or so dollars’ worth of quarters all at once - but, if needed, the Life Changer sure packs ‘em all in with a touch of old-school authority. :)

Barranti is offering free shipping on the Life Changer through October.

Edited to add: first two pics of the item are mine; last pic of it being worn is from the Barranti website.

See the product at BarrantiLeather.com, including the linked blog post referred to there.

https://barrantileather.com/

Brown Product Font Tan Leather
Brown Material property Metal Label Silver
Brown Product Textile Bag Style

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Is that their summer classic IWB that you’re rockin?

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt?

·
We Are!
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that their summer classic IWB that you’re rockin?
I should have clarified - that last pic with the pistol and holster is not mine, it’s from Barranti’s website. I like the looks of that holster, though!

·
NRA Endowment member
3,271 Posts
Looks neat and definitely easy access but, I’m not in favor of having to keep emptying the purse to find the exact change needed then stuff it all back in the top slot when done.
I recall my dad had a round leather one the opened like a star shaped top flap that gave you full access to the inside. When done it just kind of self closed itself into a flat pancake.
Like this
Money Coin Currency Saving Cash

·
We Are!
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ I like that! Someone, somewhere in my past had something like that, that looks very familiar!

The title of “coin purse” for this item is, of course, bit of clever writing on behalf of the maker. It’s even more clever in the blog post linked above. Yes, it holds coins. It really does hold ten bucks worth of quarters or even fifteen one-dollar coins really well. Probably any manner of coinage could be packed into this thing. But it’s not really meant to be emptied / used on a regular basis. One can certainly do that - but it’s really intended to stand ready as a “persuader” of sorts.

·
TANSTAAFL
Back on the Beretta Bus
1,801 Posts
Attitude adjuster. I need to take pics of the leather covered spring sap my FiL had...

Looks great! I need to get some of Doc's leather work one of these days.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts

·
We Are!
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ Not a worry @Jollyroger1 - the more, the merrier, I say!

I like that leather! I’d not heard of Mean Gene until recently and like the look of their lineup.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts