1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Reactions: Mike A and 5pt56

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I agree have had one for fifty years. Took it out a while ago still shoots great. Sights are getting bit hard to pick up for me..

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,587 Posts
Very cool!

Reactions: Mike A

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. What was the distance on that target.
The first photo was 100 yards.

Rifle is a Remington in the 140XXXX range. I woold have to pull to check the barrel date but it appears oroginal to the rifle.

This is a different bullet and powder. at 150 yards. Repeat hold is important and I can see how the match guys used a heavy jacket and shooting glove to get repeat holds. Things just opened up on me at 150 Yards.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My old 03 is a beast , ugly etc
Haven't shot it in years, this thread is going to make me get it out LOL.
It's what I call a 2 screw! Rifling has only 2 lands and grooves
thanks for your photo's, good shooting with those iron sights.

Much prefer my 03-A3 with the peep sight, cause I can actually hit things with it! Again LOL
Enjoyed your post!

Reactions: MJ1

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My old 03 is a beast , ugly etc
Haven't shot it in years, this thread is going to make me get it out LOL.
It's what I call a 2 screw! Rifling has only 2 lands and grooves
thanks for your photo's, good shooting with those iron sights.

Much prefer my 03-A3 with the peep sight, cause I can actually hit things with it! Again LOL
Enjoyed your post!

Sights are a bit tougher to see these days.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Something about these that you just can’t help but love them. Most everything you practically need and no fluff plus a great piece of history.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm more of an English Enfield collector/shooter but I enjoy the 03 also. These are from from my first 200 yards shoot before I got my new eyes as in lens inserts in each eye. there also 25 yard pistol targets so I was having trouble with the front sights These are remarkable rifles.

1943 03A3

1931 03

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
These beauties have to be the hardest recoil of any 30 cal made, course I'm much more bony than I used to be. Only rifle in that caliber range I ever fired that hammered you harder was a Safari Grade Browning 270, that one hurt me, nice quarter sized bruise, 3 rounds fired for zero and never fired again. LOL,,,but wish it was still around here

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts