The Beretta Gods have struck again! Number 9!

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Shipwreck, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    Picked up another 92FS with a curved dustcover today. Got it at Academy.

I gave up trying to find one with factory night sights, after going to many, many gunshows in a row. Plus, the standard ones have all been scratched to hell at the gun shows... It's a 90 minute drive each way to the Houston gunshows... So, I just paid a few bucks more and just bought it local...

It's another regular 92FS with the curved dustcover and backstrap indentation...

That particular style of 92 is my every day carrygun, and I wanted one more exactly like it (my other 92FS as the straight dustcover and no rear strap indentation). I'll probably send it off for night sights soon.

Anyway - the Wheel-O-Berettas now has NINE 92s... I also have a PX4, but I don't fit it into "the wheel" :thumb::thumb:

[​IMG]

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Who has 2 thumbs and likes Beretta.

^^^That guy!

3. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I was shooting my 87 Cheetah .22 today.... I really like that one.

Congrats on the score Shipwreck.

4. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Awesome,.....who do you have do the night sights?

6. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    Tooltech Gunsight - they are the only ones who can do nightsights with the fixed front sight.

They do the factory night sights for Beretta too. $150 + $17.50 return shipping.

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    What happened to you 90-Two?

BTW, congrats on the new gun.

8. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Congrats on the new one! Your Beretta circle is well known on most forums I visit! :lol:

I've been trying to convince myself I don't need a Beretta 92. I think overall it'll be a losing battle.

Andy

9. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    I previously owned two 90-Twos, actually. I tried to like the 90-Two, but the grip really sucks. I ended up selling the 90-Two each time. I couldn't like the gun because of the grip.

There are NO aftermarket grips, and the factory grip is just too slippery. That's the biggest complaint ya see over and over about the 90-Two.

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Craig19 was nice enough to bring his 90-Two in 40S&W for me to try out. I actually like it. I'll have to give a 92 a try and see which I like better. So a Beretta might end up in my collection...

11. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
  12. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011

So... have you ever asked why the gods dislike you so much?

:lol:

Nice set of pistols! Congrats on the latest.

13. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I have been thinking about trying to pry a 92 out of my buddies hands for awhile now....but every time I get the money, that pesky 1911 bug shows up. the 92/96 is an awesome gun, it's probably the softest shooting pistol in 40cal that I have ever handled.

14. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Shipwreck,
    Man nice collection of Berettas, everyone should own at least one:thumb: I'm the guy who bought your custom shop SA a few month's ago and have been completely happy with it, runs flawlessly. I am fairly new to this forum and glad to see a familiar member, keep up the great Beretta collection and hope all is well. Here are a few Beretta's I have modified myself- tack drivers.:jaw: Mark's Guns 013-1.jpg Mark's Guns 016-1.jpg Mark's Guns 043-1.jpg Mark's Guns 045-1.jpg Mark's Guns 039-1.jpg

15. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    Wow, very nice Berettas. And, glad that the operator I sold you is working so well. It was an awesome gun :)

16. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    dAYUMn........:hail:

17. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I think your Beretta bug is as bad as my 1911 bug, congrats on the new Beretta. :thumb: I'm glad the operator is working so well also, Thanks Again.:grin:

18. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats on yet another Beretta. :thumb:

19. Shipwreck

Aug 18, 2011
    :) :) :) :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted