The big heart worm lie.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike A, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    I just want to expose the lie that dog owners have been fed. We had a Dog that got Heart worm in Ohio when everyone thought Northern dogs could not get heart worm.
    We had a dog who got heart worm in NC & a great vet saved him.
    This vet was super smart & had found out that a Cattle wormer named IVERMECTIN worked
    & at this time we were giving our dogs arsenic based concoction that was poison.

Today they have pills that are similar to but not as effective as Ivermectin liquid Cattle wormer. When you read the instructions in Ivermectin it will say not to give it to Dogs.
    This is Pure BS. But collies do have a sensitivity to Ivermecetin, that is the only breed.

This lie about not giving it to dogs was brought to us by the same Liars that waited until the stocks of Arsenic heart worm poison ran out of stock.

The way you give it is use 10th of a cc per 10 pounds of dogs weight. Small shot needles can be obtained from your vet or MD. Diabetics use these for insulin they are One CC syringes divided into tenths. If your dog weighs 50 pounds you use 5 tenths of One CC.

My current Vet is onboard with what I use but She feels that many people are not competent
    enough to do this. The current form of Heart guard has problems & dogs can still get heart worm. This is due to the chemical change done to protect 1 breed, the Collie.

If you believe you can tell a Collie from a German Shepard & tell a 10th of a CC from one CC then try this out. We have been using Ivermectin for 30 years with zero Heart Worm infection in any of our many dogs. Ivermectin is given once a Month even through the Winter months! IVERMECTION is the safest most effective treatment for preventing Heart
    Worm Infection period.

You can buy Liquid IVERMECTIN at any farm supply store. The Product MFG. is Merial & the Name is Ivomec injection for Cattle & Swine. It comes in a 50 ML bottle. You will need to withdraw the IVERMECTIN with the one CC Syringe with a needle. Then you transfer it to a one CC syringe with needle removed. You can squirt the liquid into there mouth by holding their lower lip out & squirting it in the pocket. This stuff taste BAD & they will spit it out if you just squirt it anywhere in their mouth. We feed our Dogs a Raw food diet so we just squirt it right on their food right from the bottle no need to transfer it to a Needless Syringe.

I am telling you this because I hate people in Big Pharma who lie for profit! We have saved thousands of Dollars over the years compared to the super Expensive Heart Worm Pill you get from Vets & pet supply. If you are serious & want to use this for you loving pet & have any serious questions PM me. And last but most Important:

Get your Dog checked for Heart Worm infection first by a Vet!

ATTN: I m editing the Above post. The dosing I have given is incorrect.
    Thank You @texasnurse for providing this up to date information on the proper safe dosing of IVERMECTIN in Dogs.
    Please read the information in the following post.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    gaijin and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  2. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

3. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Okay fellows which is correct i can't be experimenting on this little creature....
    Screenshot_20180422-153011.png

Harleyvato and cghelton like this.
  4. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Thanks Mike & texasnurse for the info.
    Wish I knew my little one (Fiona) had heartworms, earlier than when we found out. She is now in the late stages of heart failure because of heartworms.

Mike A likes this.
  5. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Heartworms also took my best 4-legged friend. Thanks for the info and I hope none of you all suffer along with your buddy as he / she dies.

Mike A likes this.
  6. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    DO NOT GIVE IVERMECTIN OR HEARTGARD TO YOUR DOG UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THEY DON’T ALREADY HAVE HEART WORMS!

My dad took one of our dogs to the veterinarian and was given heart worm preventative medicine. He figured if one dog needed it so did the other one. The problem was that the other dog was already infected. This resulted in the heart worms dying and breaking loose into the bloodstream which lead to a stroke. This was nearly fatal. The dog survived but was an invalid the rest of his life

Mike A likes this.
  7. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    http://www.heartwormprevention.com/

This is the way I would go from now on. While I have used the above directions for 30 + years
    I can always learn something new. When we started using Ivermectin there was no other information on the use in Dogs. With the safe & effective Ivermectin product available it's just common sense to go that route.
    One note about Heart guard. In our area we lost 5 dogs before our Vets gave out the warning to have the doga checked for heart worm Infection.

Use what you feel is best But remember: Always have your Dog checked for Heart Worm Infection before starting any prevention Program.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  8. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    I hope everyone learned as much as I did about this ( Ivermectin ) great product for protecting our Dogs. I just ordered a bottle of the safe Ivermectin for $25.00 that will protect a 55lb dog for 2 years. This will save you a lot of Money over Heart Guard & is 100% effective.
    Tell everyone you know who owns a Dog it will help save thousands of Dogs from a terrible death.
    Place your order soon at: http://www.heartwormprevention.com/

9. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    I am so happy I posted this, it will save our Dogs. :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted