The CZ-75 SP-01

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by ShotgunS1im, Dec 14, 2017.

1. ShotgunS1im

ShotgunS1im Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Fellas i am heavily leaning towards a purchase of a CZ-75. I have really no experience with the platform but everything ive read online and everything i here from people, they are fantastic. Any owners of them on here feel like getting detailed on what you love about it? And anyone want to add in any cons? Looking for anything and everything as far as feed back on them goes

2. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    I own a SP-01 Tactical which is their decocker model. I like it, great ergos, big magwell, accurate, soft shooting. Has a huge aftermarket from companies like CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works. It's no surprise they are loved by so many competition shooters.

Only complaints I have with the pistol is the cheap rubber grips it comes with, and the internal riding slide could be hard to maniuplate at times. I guess that could change with more practice though.

ShotgunS1im likes this.

3. ShotgunS1im

ShotgunS1im Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Care to post pictures?

4. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    getting the CZ itch too....they are also my initials...LOL...

5. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Just buy one. Don't over think an obvious decision.

awp101 likes this.
  6. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Raylan...CZ 75B SAO? CZ 75B DA/SA? SP-01? Shadow 2?.....would be used for USPSA....I guess "Production" and Limited-10 divisions??

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  7. brainiac

brainiac Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I own a 75B SA and a 75B DA/SA and like both. Super accurate, pretty good triggers, and great ergonomics. The first one I picked up that belonged to a buddy of mine just felt right in my hand. Of course I am partial to steel guns, so they fit the bill.

8. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed.....

Jan 23, 2017
    I own the CZ75B SA/DA

I did not want the decocker as I didn't want to learn a new way to carry the gun....I wanted hammer back, safety on. Its my favorite range gun for extended shooting. Because it's 9MM, my 11 yr old son can handle the recoil, everyone who shoots it prefers shooting it over my Coonan, Valor, Glock, etc....

They are easily found for around 600. Replace the crappy grips, and you will be a happy camper. Plus for another 300 later in life, you can send it to Cajun and have it perfected. Also there is a TON of DIY videos on how to tune this little girl, so you can get your feet wet on a weapon that hasn't cost you thousands of dollars.
    20170731_140914.jpg

ShotgunS1im and Scaramouche like this.
  9. ShotgunS1im

ShotgunS1im Member

Nov 30, 2017
    so you can get your feet wet on a weapon that hasn't cost you thousands of dollars.
    View attachment 90200 [/QUOTE]
    I was planning on getting a 1911 back but with my current financial situation and the way i want a 1911... **** in one hand and wish in the other is the boat im in. The CZ is much more realistic and less likely to get sold under dire circumstances like we sometimes have to do. As for the trigger, is there much of anything to do for a stock trigger?

10. ShotgunS1im

ShotgunS1im Member

Nov 30, 2017
    also with the weapon configured for condition one, can you still fire it in double action?

11. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed.....

Jan 23, 2017
    I bought mine from a place here in KC called Frontier Justice. Bought it, gave it to the pistol smith before I shot it. It had a 11.5DA/6.5SA trigger with a minimal amount of take up out of the box. When he got done with it, it was 8.5DA/4.0SA and he did the polishing for free. I'm sure I could have done it myself, but since it was free I let the pro do it.

zipper046 and ShotgunS1im like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted