close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Flat Trigger...

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Quack, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    The theory of the flat trigger is a consistant trigger pull (feel) no matter where your finger is on the trigger itself. Since the trigger pull on a 1911 is straight back, the flat trigger makes sense. The trigger works well for me because my trigger finger is naturally at an angle (not perpendicular to the trigger face) and sits lower on the trigger. With a long curved trigger, my trigger finger is forced to the center and would get rubbed raw due to the angle of my finger. Flat triggers also worked well when I took a pistol class in the cold rain where I was wearing gloves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The length of the flat trigger is the same as the shortest part of a long curved trigger.
    (pic from 10-8 Performance)
    [​IMG]

I get my triggers from Brownells
    10-8 Flat Trigger
    Wilson Combat Ultralight Flat Trigger

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Your finger is kind-a weird.. LOL.. I like Cylinder and slides long smooth.. Jay buffs and polishes the face for me.. Cheers.. Ron

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Beretta & Hockey Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011
    I know someone in Houston who sent his Springer into the custom shop for some work. he has a flat trigger on it. When he gets it back, I'm gonna try it out. If I like it, I'll send my Custom Shop Operator in to them to get 1 put on...

4. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    your finger's are superbly manicured!! Is that weird? You coming up to Berea this wkend btw?

5. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    This is probably why I've never seen a reason for a flat trigger. My finger hits dead center with no uncomfortable rubbing no matter how much I shoot. I can see why someone would want a flat trigger if they had a similar problem.

6. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    A perfectly reasonable excuse for a flat trigger.

I dig what you're saying about hand anatomy. I have short thumbs and can't shoot my 1911s with my thumb riding the thumb safety. Doesn't seem to hurt my shooting either. :)

...but, nobody picks me up when I'm hitchhiking. :(

deadite

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    and your the last man drawn for the team.. Just like 3rd grade,,, hahahahahaha... Ron

8. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    And his rod is missing. :grin:

I see why you like them. I have really short fingers for someone who's 6'1", so my index finger doesn't approach the trigger at any kind of angle.

9. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I only had to try a flat trigger one time, then I was hooked... I love mine!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    That is among one of my favorites 1911s that I have seen. Very nice Trent

11. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks Manny! I am very happy with it...

12. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have a Wilson flat sitting on the bench with the rest of the parts for my Caspian build...gonna try it out and see how it feels!

13. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I'd like to give it a try before I buy one.

14. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    It'll be here tomorrow! i cant wait, if it gets here early enough ill put a few hundo downrange and really get a good feel for the flat trigger!

15. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
  16. Jim S.

Jim S. Evil Capt. Kirk from G.T.

Aug 25, 2011
    I'm glad that my fingers fit the curved trigger just fine.
    I just can't get used to a flat trigger on a 1911.
    Just like I couldn't stand the trigger guard on the Glocks not being rounded.
    (mine are rounded now)
    I've actually gone back to the short (curved) triggers on my 1911's.
    They feel the best to me.

17. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
  18. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Very Nice, I think it would look cool if 10-8 did something like wire EDM 10-8 in the flat of the trigger to break it up a little. I do like mine and I think it helped me shoot better too! Looks great!

Mike

19. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    You and your flat triggers! You must have a desk job or something, those aren't very manly hands! I hope you are getting commission from Sig these days.

20. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i work with my hands, but i usually have someone else to do the manual labor these days. I'm more the brain power. It's good to be one of the most senior guys in the service group.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted