The general state of things today

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by simonp, Oct 17, 2018.

1. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    No surprise at this point that with Clinton’s loss gun sales dropped across the board, seemed that the semi custom, custom 1911 and AR markets were hit the hardest but maybe that is just perspective since I don’t look at too many other guns these days.

Months ago I saw guns sit that I’d never expect to sit. Prices were dropped on guns that usually sold immediately at asking price. Recently it seems that guns are sitting even longer and / or dropping more, or is it just my perspective? Anyone think the market is going to keep dropping? Recover? Is this how things will be until the democrat potus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    It'll come back . But , let's face it . For eight years people paid too much and were in fear of being unable to acquire an AR . Now there's a glut of these things out there .

3. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    You may not have to wait that long as mid terms are a few weeks away.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  4. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    After further thought , having guns and ammo readily available and prices more reasonable as a side effect of a republican POTUS is something I can live with . Yes , I have a few things that have gone down in value . So what . I'm grateful for ammo being plentiful again . Now is a good time to buy that next gun you crave . I try to be a " my glass is half full kinda guy " .

boatdoc likes this.
  5. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    The only guns that I have seen go down in price are low end AR15'S...

6. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    Through the entire 8 year debacle that was BHOs administration the
    ONLY industry that saw growth was gun manufacturers.
    Suddenly everyone was building ARs that had never considered it before
    and a hundred different companies popped up to make parts and accessories for them.
    The market got flooded worse than the Florida panhandle...

7. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    False.

8. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    The gun market is soft, and it seems politics is responsible. Lets face it, guns just aren't selling like they used to. The market will come back though, because the gun-grabbers aren't gone they're just forgotten for the moment.

9. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I don't see how the custom 1911 market was negatively affected. Folks are still paying top dollar to have their gats built the way they want them, and wait times are still through the roof.

No fear here with midterms coming. Neither the Senate nor the House will be controlled by a veto-proof majority of Democrats. However, if both houses fall to Democrats in 3 weeks, and the chance of a Democrat getting the White House in 2020 is always there, I would start making plans to acquire what you want or need.

10. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    How significant is the 'custom 1911 market'?
    It's important to me (lol!) and a few others,
    but it's certainly not a major player in the gun world.

11. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Not significant in the overall market, but i would say unaffected by political climate for the most part.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted