The height of obsession and addiction

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Nineteen-ElevenObsession, Aug 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Nineteen-ElevenObsession Active Member

Jun 21, 2020
    Have you ever bought a gun that you didn't like from a certain manufacturer? Then you decided to sell it telling yourself you'll just stick to what you know from now on, no more branching out and experimenting.

But then you find yourself back to looking at pictures from the same manufacturer thinking "Maybe I should give them another try. Maybe I just got one that wasn't to my liking the first time. Maybe next time will be different. I really like hard chrome, but my usual preference doesn't offer it. Maybe it's worth another shot..."

No, just me? lol. Why do I go down this rabbit hole time and time again. I can't stop...

2. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    No.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. j quan

j quan Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
  4. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    Cool...I'm in a special level of neurosis it appears. :bang:

Mjolnir, gps man, Old Rooster and 2 others like this.
  5. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    I do the same thing all the time. I believe it’s truly part of being an addict.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  6. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    Came close to buying a Glock 20 not long ago. Ended up buying the SA XDM 10mm. I do not care for a Glock but thought maybe if I owned one and shot it enough I'd grow to.
    LGS sales person helped steer me back to the XDM.
    I probably would have regretted if I had bought it.
    That's the closest I've been.

7. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    Whew, glad I'm not alone. There's really no helping us.

Greg M. likes this.
  8. Mike0707

Mike0707 JMB fan

Apr 11, 2019
    Maybe once or twice :)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  9. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Funny. I did this with a Glock. Had a Glock and sold it swearing i would never buy another then years later I bought a modified Glock. Better but still don’t love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJP likes this.
  10. soverystout

soverystout Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
  11. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I did this exact thing recently with a berreta m9a3. Looked and looked at them. I finally bought one. I discovered something, I hate berettas. Are they good guns? Yes. Do I like them? NO.

However, I did this with CZ, and have loved CZ ever since. So, yes I deviate from my normal (1911’s). But the deviation is usually limited to CZ.

After the beretta experiment, I came back hard to 1911’s in the form of a DW A2.

12. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I do that with H&K's. I like how they look and feel, but dislike how they shoot and dislike paddle mag releases. I have promptly sold every one I have bought, and still catch myself looking at others from time to time. Freakin ridiculous

13. puddi_nugget

puddi_nugget Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Sig P226. Love everything about them. Then I realize It’s run by a bunch of bean counters and marketing teams.

14. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Guns, no. Women, sometimes.

15. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Yes, there are two very well respected builders on here that I do that with almost daily. They make great guns that are very appealing but I have tried them and they just don’t fit me
    Well. It sucks buying an expensive gun and realizing it doesn’t fit you well. Since everyone else has good
    Feedback I feel it is just me so I want to try and give them another chance. For now I am consolidating to the two that fit me best and that is WC and NHC. Not saying they are better than others I have tried, just that they fit me best

16. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    That can get WAY more expensive...

1911fanatic and Badabing11 like this.
  17. Nineteen-ElevenObsession

Jun 21, 2020
    Pretty much in the same boat. I keep thinking maybe I'll find something I like more than my Wilson's. But it usually doesn't happen.

I do think I'm going to take a chance on a CC WMG though. The accuracy of them is pretty appealing to me.

1911 crazed likes this.
  18. Eric

Eric Cav Troopers Dad

Sep 10, 2011
    Guilty also but man there are some beauties out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I have looked at these, I do t know how many times. Haven’t bought one, 900 for a 9mm that I’m not sure I’m gonna like, is too much. I’ve learned that much from my beretta experience.

20. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Guns yes (Les Baer in particular) women nope! Still have the original one from high school!

As far as the LB goes it took 5 to find one I like. I just kept thinking I really want to like them but didn’t until I found a LW Comanche

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted