close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Locker...Pics!

Discussion in 'Chambers Custom Pistols - Obsessibly™ Accurate, Re' started by Joe C, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Last summer a gentleman named Ted Nulty approached me and asked me if I would consider building a gun for a movie. He sent me a copy of the book to read called "The Locker" and asked me what I thought. After reading the book I was really impressed and got his other books to read as well.

Needless to say, I built the gun for him and it will be used by the main character in the movie titled after and based on his book. I built it as he wanted it with some minor cosmetic upgrades to my liking (and his fortunately) and now it is just waiting to be shipped off.

This was the first time I have used the Vortex Razor red dot set up on a gun. I found it very easy to install and it seems to be working very nicely. For this build I made the cut for the mount in such a way that the rear of the dot would line up with the rear of the slide. But the mount is made so that you can actually slip it right into any GI rear sight cut and it will work. The new owner specifically did not want iron sights on the gun, which was fine with me because I really dislike the look of suppressor sights with these micro red dot sights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nnylf7, Geoff, cundiff5535 and 19 others like this.
  2. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Dec 21, 2014
    Nice. Unique look.

Joe C likes this.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Damn that is awesome Joe!!!! Looks great.

Joe C likes this.
  4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Very nice, can we get more pics of the RDS mount?

Joe C likes this.
  5. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    Excellent!!!

Joe C likes this.
  6. ARTT1

ARTT1 On The Razers Edge Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    I like it!

Joe C likes this.
  7. ARTT1

ARTT1 On The Razers Edge Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    Kip and Joe C like this.
  8. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Best way to see it honestly is to look up the mount for 1911's on Vortex website because I don't have any pics of it before putting it on there.

GeorgiaRedfish and Kip like this.
  9. ImperialBlade

ImperialBlade Armed with my opinion and not afraid to use it. Supporting Addict

Aug 22, 2015
    Joe, as usual...excellent work!

Joe C likes this.
  10. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    Still liking #3!! ;)

Joe C likes this.
  11. SCS1911

SCS1911 Failed all therapy Supporting Addict

Oct 5, 2012
    Have the book, just need the time. Nice details on the dust cover. :thumbs:

cundiff5535 and Joe C like this.
  12. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Pretty cool story and set up. Cool enough to make want to read the book, it's in my kindle now, I'll let you know how it is.

Joe C and Kip like this.
  13. khend1

khend1 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2013
    Nice job on another one! Is it the lighting in some pics or is the stippling not blued? First and seventh pic kinda appear that way to me, but the last few in the grass look to be blued.

I read his book called Gone Feral several months ago. Will have to pick up this one soon.

14. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Active Member Supporting Addict

Jan 11, 2017
    Joe, your taste is impeccable. Love the detail work! The mainspring housing is unique to me. Nice blend of stippling and ball milled cuts!

15. cfl4rat

cfl4rat Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I have always thought a gat running a RMR would look great without standard sights..... yep! That's the way they should be built!
    Great job Joe!

BTW can you make sure they don't do any of the common gun mess ups in the movie, kinda like having the hammer down on a 1911 but than bang it fires :)

Joe C likes this.
  16. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Hopefully it will get a lot of close ups and screen time. I like the back strap effect. Nice.

Joe C and Kip like this.
  17. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    I like it! If there is a negative, based on my personal opinion, which I know I'm not qualified to even give on one of your great pieces of work ;) it's that I don't like RMR's or red dots sitting that high above the slide. I like them milled in. But again, what do I know. :D

SDM and Joe C like this.
  18. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Nah, it's just the lighting. Everything is blued dark.

Actually I agree with you. But in this case, the way Vortex makes the mount it makes sense to put it on top. There is no permanent mod to the slide. But if it was an RMR I'd be using one of my proprietary slides that has it sunk in like the Knight Fury set I did a while back.

SCS1911, cundiff5535 and khend1 like this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted