1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give the Sig another go before I decide which pistol to sell. Ran 150 rounds today and they solidified my opinion of it, especially having for me a nicer trigger (stock) than the M&P with Apex kit.

The final decider was running the preprogrammed “intermediate” drill. The target goes to 15ft then 20 and finally 30 with random turning behavior and exposed for 2.5 seconds at each distance, 3 cycles each. Ammo was 115gr Blazer Brass. Yup, it’s a keeper.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Output device Audio equipment Gadget Gas Font

So the guy next to me managed to put one of his .22 rounds in the lower left of my target 😱🤣

The other taped over holes were from 75ft, exposed target for 4 seconds. I need to work on that.

· Registered
8,389 Posts
I've sold a few m17 and m18 at work also, with very nice owner reviews after the sale and range visits. I admit they do have the nicest stock stryker trigger I've felt. Walthers are nice also. And I agree having a similar thumb safety as my 1911s and Hi-Powers is a bonus.
I try not to buy everything my store stocks!!

Good shooting Doc, gotta wonder about the 22 hole. Geez!

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Just bought a Delta Point Pro and a Cuda holster from Simply Rugged Leather today for my M17. I started it into my carry rotation and really enjoy shooting it. Nice trigger, and I'm liking the FDE color more and more. I carry it with a 17 rounder in it and two 21 rounders as back-up. 50 rounds should get me out of anything I can get myself into.

· Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I sold one of each today to a repeat customer that is buying a pair for every member of his immediate family. His wife and son are both complete, now he’s got two daughters left to outfit. When it’s all said and done, he’ll have five of each model in the house with red dots on all of them! That’s a pretty serious commitment to a brand and a model for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· born in the wrong century
10,757 Posts
Wanted to give the Sig another go before I decide which pistol to sell. Ran 150 rounds today and they solidified my opinion of it, especially having for me a nicer trigger (stock) than the M&P with Apex kit.

The final decider was running the preprogrammed “intermediate” drill. The target goes to 15ft then 20 and finally 30 with random turning behavior and exposed for 2.5 seconds at each distance, 3 cycles each. Ammo was 115gr Blazer Brass. Yup, it’s a keeper.
View attachment 1036279
View attachment 1036280

So the guy next to me managed to put one of his .22 rounds in the lower left of my target 😱🤣

The other taped over holes were from 75ft, exposed target for 4 seconds. I need to work on that.

Solid shooting, indeed.

I've shot an M&P w/ Apex......clean feel....I'm really eager to try one of those Sigs if the trigger is a step above this. (y)

I like the looks of your gun......and certainly like the looks of the target (with the exception of the errant .22 hole :) )

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solid shooting, indeed.

I've shot an M&P w/ Apex......clean feel....I'm really eager to try one of those Sigs if the trigger is a step above this. (y)

I like the looks of your gun......and certainly like the looks of the target (with the exception of the errant .22 hole :) )
Thanks! The weird thing is last weekend the guy next to me put one of the rounds from his ar in my target also! I was on the same lane both times-perhaps that’s a sign lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.