The members of this forum are dangerous!!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TexasRedneck, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    So, sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and just started perusing my notes...y'all have forced me to buy NINE 1911's so far this year! Between this site an' a couple of others I'm on, that's 14 so far - and there's five more months to go!

Ah....the joys of bein' semi-retired an' not having any debt.....at this rate, I'll hit my 100th 1911 before 2021! I'm not sure whether ta cuss y'all or kiss ya! :D

switchback, DRD, xerts1191 and 27 others like this.
  2. AGENT P

AGENT P 1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART

Jun 24, 2019
    If that's you in your avatar I think I'll vote for cussing.
    ⊙.☉
    Congrats on a nice pile of guns this year.
    :pics:

3. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Lol congratulations on the semi retired thing. I got 15 years in and the wife said I could retire when I turn 70 so 29 more years to go haha.

4. Eddie D

Eddie D Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Yep, they lured me with kind words and support then the carrot began to dangle. I'm into this with 4 since March.........and loving every minute of it!!

5. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020

I’m in the same boat except I’ve bought or traded for 8/9 I’ve lost count and had bought 3 1911s just before I found the page one was my first DW. Now I’ve only got one DW a Les Baer 2 Wilson Combat a nicely appointed G45 and AR pistol. I never dreamed I’d spend 2k on a pistol and not blink an eye.

6. TexasRedneck

Sep 19, 2011
    I did 40+ years in water purification, and had a blast - served everyone from commercial businesses to hospital labs to the NASA manned space program. Wouldn't trade it for the world - traveled all over Mexico and Central/South America until it got too dangerous. Just finally sitting in (yet another) corporate sales meeting one morning when the boss made the mistake of saying "Anyone that doesn't like it can leave!" - so I got up and walked out. One of those "priceless" moments as I watched the look on her face - she'd hired me away from another company to head up a new division, then promptly tied my hands w/regards to making "deals".... I'd built two other companies into multi-million dollar/year billings by knowing how to structure those deals so they were actually more profitable than what they needed to meet goals - so I was already fed up anyway.

Been doing residential water softeners as a side gig since 1976 (when I started in the industry) because the companies I worked for didn't want to mess with them (whole different business demographic), so when I walked, I kicked it up a notch just to keep me in mad money....well, it's grown so much so fast that I'm doing more in a month than what my original plans called for me to do in a year. Keeping it all debt-free, and lining up to give to my oldest son (who helps me on his days off) when I decide it's time to completely walk away.....God has been VERY good to me!

7. TexasRedneck

Sep 19, 2011
    Wait until you find out that safes are tax deductible......lol (and yes, they really are if you know what you're doing. They also have no rated "service life" per IRS guidelines, as my accountant found when he tried to challenge the other 4 I've purchased since the first one.

8. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020

Noted! I can’t wait to get my new house built and a new bigger safe so I can start to fill it. I’ve already started putting back money so I can have that part of the shop heated and cooled and maintain temp so moisture build up and what not.

9. FNFAN

FNFAN Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 15, 2013
    Let me just take a moment to apologize for this unwarranted use of force. I certainly can empathise with you in regard to how difficult it is to shoot the massive A.C.P. after having your arms twisted that many times! :laugh:

10. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    We the Addicts, do try to warn others as they are ensnared into the way of the 1911 addiction. :roll:
    Yea BS :poop: we are not the place too:
    1. Save $
    2. Save your marriage.
    3. Save well, I'm out of answers.

We are the place to buy, shoot, sell, build, 1911s & everything in between.
    Sure is easy to buy a new 1911 however when it comes to selling one you
    would think they were asking for your first born. :eek: Never we chant, Never more.

Self control is not a phrase you find associated with Addiction not at all, it's more
    like out of control. As long as you do your duty to your family first, I think a little non
    cancer causing addiction can not hurt ya all that bad. :bang:

AFTER ALL IT'S NOT LIKE WERE GETTIN ANY YOUNGER LOL.
    Old guy.jpg

DRD, 1911 crazed, Eddie D and 7 others like this.
  11. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    The website is 1911 addicts, what did you think when you joined ?

DRD, 1911 crazed, Eddie D and 5 others like this.
  12. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    ^^^Kinda says it all :) ^^^

Badabing11 and colrhino like this.
  13. monster

monster Member

May 10, 2020
    Carrot?

14. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Own it .

1911 crazed and WC145 like this.
  15. TexasRedneck

Sep 19, 2011
    That it's a self-help group?

:D

DRD, 1911 crazed, Badabing11 and 3 others like this.
  16. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    Yea Baby we will help you, to buy 10 pairs of shoes for every 1911 U own. We will help U LMAO :play::ban::laugh::joyful::shameful::roflmaro::roflmaro:

I paid more for these than I did for my 1917 :smurggrin: 1911.
    1439b.jpg

switchback, DRD, Eddie D and 2 others like this.
  17. TexasRedneck

Sep 19, 2011
    Thankfully, my grips lust is MUCH more affordable. I generally prefer OEM stocks, other than the ivory an' antler on maybe a dozen or two of mine. Better half kinda had a miniature hissy fit when she found out what ivory was costing nowadays....lol

Mike A likes this.
  18. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Grips can be pretty damn pricey when you get carried away

0731200854c.jpg
    0731200853.jpg 0731200854.jpg 0731200854a.jpg 0731200854b.jpg

19. River runner

River runner Well-Known Member

May 4, 2020
    ^^^^That’s crazy AZguy1911! Crazy awesome! :D

20. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    I’m thinking a grips addicts forum might be a consideration.
    Mike A,those are my favorite grips of all time .

1911 crazed, OldCuz and Mike A like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted