The National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rod38um, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Rod38um

Rod38um Opinionated Shooter

Oct 5, 2011
    The president just signed into law the The National Defense Authorization Act which grants the President the ability to militarily detain and imprison indefinitely foreigners or Americans who they suspect of terrorism.
    No trial, no warrants........ Now, who defines terrorism? The president? If someone disagrees with him, can they be suspected of terrorism? Can you be a suspect for owning guns? You know the liberal mindset. This seems like the first power grab of a prospective dictator. This is the kind of legislation Hugo Chavez passed. This is one of the few things that the ACLU and I agree on.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-act-now-what/

The ACLU response: " If President Obama signs this bill, it will damage both his legacy and American’s reputation for upholding the rule of law. "

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    A revolution is on the way. Just a matter of time.

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Hopefully he'll be out of office soon.

4. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
  5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Unfortunately,I bet this law stays LONG after B.O is just a memory.
    How much was this discussed in the media?

Does the public even care?

Or is "Dancing with the stars"more important to most of the public than restrictions on the Constitution ?

DAT85

6. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    As lazy and stupid as most of the general public is,I am willing to bet if it does,it will be later rather than sooner.:rolleyes2:

And,just remember,"we the people" keep electing these scumbags that make these laws.:mad2:

DAT85

7. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    15-18% is all that particapated in the revolution. That's all we need again.

8. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Unfortunately, "Dancing with the stars" IS more important to the "general public". The general public is as dumb as it's ever been. Sad but true. :nod:

9. Rod38um

Rod38um Opinionated Shooter

Oct 5, 2011
    [video=youtube;NW-e7z7S6VI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-e7z7S6VI[/video]

10. Pangari1

Pangari1 -this space for rent- Supporting Addict

Dec 1, 2011
    X2
    And the current GOP group doesn't look like anybody that would overturn it. This election has me a little worried as well as what BO might try and squeek by while he still has time. We are stuck in a time where we are surrounded by reality-tv loving sheeple more concerned with what Snookie is gonna do next. I'm scared for our future and what my kids end up with!!

11. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm not a constitutional scholar, but it is my understanding that this law is blatantly unconstitutional. History tells up many of the 'bad' regimes strengthened their position by shutting down dissonants...people swept away in the middle of the night, never to be heard from again.

Unfortunately, it seems as if a revolution is inevitable... provided there are enough people left w/the balls to stand up for what is right. I wonder.

12. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Browneye jerk the "American dream" from enough people and there will be plenty of people who just need a few "leaders" and we will straighten things out. Talked to enough police in KY to know them and the national guard are on the peoples side. Can't say what will happen in the states who are already communist ie Notheast, and the west coast.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted