The Official Addicts Awesome Grip Exchange . . . . . !

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by ZoidMeister, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I kinda got off on the wrong foot last night in the wrong section trying to start this GREAT IDEA, so I will give it another go, this time in the right section. Bear with me on this . . . . . . it is a new concept for all. I am sure there will be a few small hiccups, but the intent is for this to be a fun way to expand your "shoe collection" for your gats.

After all, 1911's are just like "Barbies, only for MEN . . . . "

ADDICTS,

Thought I would try something different, and this is open to EVERYONE.

I was looking for a specific pair of grips in my parts drawer and came to the realization that I have waaaay too many pairs of grips that are just sitting in a drawer not getting used.

Rather than trying to just sell them off, I thought it might be fun to do a grip exchange. I might have something that you just "gotta have" and you might have something I never even considered. Let's trade . . . . . ! Everyone is free to join in the fun.

How it works:

• Post up the grips you are looking to trade with a short description of what you would be willing to trade for. "Values" shouldn't be needed as it will be subjective for each pair of grips. You do need to post a description of what type of grip(s) you would be most likely to trade for.
    • Each set / type of grips you offer up for trade should be listed in a separate post in this thread. Each set of grips for trade should have clear photos of both the front AND back, as well as answers to most of the following:
    • What make / size gun do they fit?
    • What material are they made of?
    • To the best of your knowledge, who made them?
    • Are there specialty features (magwell cut, ambi-cut, bevel / flat bottom, covered pin)?
    • Is there any unseen damage / are there any fit issues?
    • If you are interested in a set of grips that are up for trade, PM the original poster of the grips in question. Work out a trade equitable to both (this can include cash if needed). If a deal cannot be made for a swap for your grips, post yours up for others to consider.
    • Each party pays their own shipping unless geography makes a face-to-face trade an option. To help make this a bit more affordable for y'all, here is a link on how to ship on the CHEAP . . . . .
    • Once a pair of grips has been traded, delete your original post from the thread (this is just good housekeeping).
    Swaps don't have to be one-for-one. We're all (mostly) adults. As stated before, the swaps can include cash or other objects of value, just keep those details the PM's. My intent isn't to start a "Fer Sail" free-for-all, but rather an interesting thread of exchange.

To keep things clean and simple, we will not be doing site feedbacks for these trades. Everyone knows who the good apples and scoundrels are.

Y'all know you've got multiple sets of grips laying around that need new homes, and I am sure someone is looking for THAT exact set.

I'll post my first set up next.

AND REMEBER Gents: All the rules and guidelines of the Classifieds section must be adhered to. Let's keep it on the rails so we don't lose this opportunity.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    I'll start by offering up the following (and I will post a few more sets tomorrow):

FOR TRADE: I've got two pairs of VZ Specialty Grips - Flag Black G10's, bobtail, standard thickness (not slim) - ambi-cut. Take both, or I will separate.

LOOKING FOR: Full size. Anything magwell cut, covered MSH pin. Can be wood or G10. If G10, I prefer blue/black, but am open to whatever color you have. NO superscoop thumb cuts. Standard thumb cuts are fine. Ambi or non-ambi acceptable.

Trade Update: will also consider a take off stainless ambi safety in good condition or any other of your "leftover" unused 1911 parts. Can add a little cash for the right ambi safety.

Whaddaya got . . . . . ? PM me some photos . . . . .

Updated photos showing the backs.

IMG_20190221_105149.jpg

IMG_20190221_105213.jpg

3. Tango63

Tango63 Active Member

Apr 8, 2017
    I like that idea. I'll have to take a look and see what I have to post on here.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  4. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014

Photos or it ain't an official listing.

xerts1191, Babboonbobo and WHEELS like this.
  5. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Cool idea Z. As a note please do not list feedback threads for the transactions in this thread.

ZoidMeister and limbkiller like this.
  6. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Agreed. I will add that to the ground rules at the top. That is the primary reason I started "the other thread" outside of the classifieds.

WWB likes this.
  7. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    FOR TRADE: One pair of Cocobolo Colt Gold Medallion Double Diamond grips. These are very sharply cut, very detailed. I am not sure of the maker - maybe Altamont? Standard full size grips, bevel bottom, no ambi-cut (but I can cut them for ambi if you prefer).

LOOKING FOR: Full size grips. Anything magwell cut, covered MSH pin. Can be wood or G10. If G10, I prefer blue/black, but am open to whatever color you have. NO superscoop thumb cuts. Standard thumb cuts are fine. Ambi or non-ambi acceptable.

I will also consider a take off stainless ambi-safety in good condition or any other of your "leftover" unused 1911 parts. Can add a little cash for the right ambi safety.

TheCollector likes this.
  8. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    FOR TRADE: One pair Wilson Medallion Double Diamond grips.

GONE!
    First trade in this thread has been consummated. . !

And this is how you mark your posting as closed (or something similar to this).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    TheCollector and 10mm Guy like this.
  9. 10mm Guy

10mm Guy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Ok Zoid, now you've piqued my interest! I need to go home and see what I have that I can swap you for those Wilsons! Can I put a 24 hour hold on them???

Great thread idea BTW! :thumbs:

ZoidMeister likes this.
  10. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Hurry home . . . . . You've got first right of refusal.

While you're there, take a few photos of any grips you need to "re-home" . . . .

10mm Guy likes this.
  11. 10mm Guy

10mm Guy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Thank you sir! :cheers:

This thing called work really gets in the way of my addiction! :laugh:

12. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    I'm in the process of checking my inventory of grips for possible trade. If it's OK by the Zoidmeister, I'm offering a set of original issue grips for a Sig Sauer M11-A1 to the first responder for the price of shipping ($5?). They're really not worth much in a trade, but maybe someone has a use for them. I sold the M11-A1 some time ago. I just scored some really great grips from Cherokee so I'll have some 1911 grips to post shortly.

13. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Gunner,

Just make sure you post photos of the grips you are looking to trade. This is one iron-clad rule that must be followed to stay in the good graces of the powers that be. Although at your ask mentioned above, they sound like the fee is just to help cover shipping.

Z

joerockhead likes this.
  14. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I think this a great idea... My downfall is I get new shoes to replace the factory grips which are probably of no interest to anyone. :(:(:(

ORShooter likes this.
  15. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    Hi. I tried to post the pics with a PM with Cousin Vinny with no luck. I'll try here for what it's worth.
    No luck. I keep getting "an error occurred". I've never had this problem before.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  16. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I couldn't post a photo either, so I added a link to my grips. Guess that was naughty because it was deleted.

17. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    Me thinks something has gone awry in our cyberland!

41 Charlie and ZoidMeister like this.
  18. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    The last few pics I had to post required me to take a screenshot and post that instead of the pic.
    That might help if you try that.

19. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    @Razer , issues with photos? See messages above.

20. Oldgunner

Mar 30, 2018
    Sorry. I don't need another PITA.

41 Charlie likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted