close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

the PT1911AR for your viewing pleasure

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by 230gr, Sep 8, 2011.

1. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Just back from Novak's for sights where they installed a blank wide notch rear and brass bead front, had it bead blasted while there...Novak's did exceptional work...I'll be throwing more work their direction for sure!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bough this used and bubba had monkeyed the sites something fierce, but that was the only thing wrong with it, it proved to be a very nice, reliable pistol for about a 1K rounds before this:

Build Sheet:
    EGW Sear and Disconnector, built-to-spec thick bushing, thick spring plug, GI guide rod, hammer strut
    Wolff variable to 18.5 recoils spring, 21lb mainspring
    Wilson ext slide stop, bulletproof extractor, bulletproof hammer
    Novak's thumb safety
    80 series delete
    VZ Operators

The rest of it is Taurus. You may see that the slide markings are mildly subdued, I tried to sand them off but ran out of patience and what I ended up with, I love. The markings are there, but far less prominent.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    and my other work of art...Springfield GI with nothing but the frame and slide original

[​IMG]

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I REALLY like the Springer,.......looks great!

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That Springer looks hawt. The Taurus....glad you like it. :thumb:

5. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    there's alot of love, and aggravation, in that Springfield, between finding a smith and then not finding a smith, to SACS for the golfball and armory kote. But the rest of it was all me...an two or three thumb safetie's, a couple of extractors, ruined a few parts in the learning curve but it was one helluva nice journey. I wanted a super duty EDC CCW, but something special for a lifetime that if my kid ever comes around, to pass to him when I croak. But in order to be truly special, it had to be of my own hand, as it were.

6. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    That Taurus is what I consider one of the good guns that they produced, very well fitted barrel, frame and slide. The internals where pretty shoddy which spurred the buildup. Real low quality, rough cast, parts inside it, but it had a solid foundation. It was a spur of the moment buy for $450 before I really knew anything about the very low Taurus 1911 reputation but it's played itself out to be a very good purchase.

7. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That's all fine and dandy, but clearly no one has shared with you the pure awesomeness that a Taurus is capable of becoming. You just need to bling that mutha out. Make it real shiny, go with gold controls, and fake mother of pearl grips. Enjoy it's majesty.

[​IMG]

8. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    i just threw up in my mouth a little...no, ALOT

9. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats!

The Springfield looks real nice.

10. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict