1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local range is closed due to fire danger. That includes LEO's.

No pictures because I wasn't there and won't be for the foreseeable future. :(

I do wish we had an indoor range. Getting up to the outdoor range is a hassle. I Didn't go last year because going into town with the "TooLong" bridge project to get keys was just a no starter.

Sonny

·
Known Agitator
3,071 Posts
That sucks. I need to try my local indoor range again. Just too dang noisy for me, even with ear plugs and muffs on... I might drop by a few times after work and see how crowded it is then. Nothing like someone ripping off a mag from an AR or AK next to you, with cinder block walls and concrete floor... I think the only restrictions there are shotguns, steel ammo, and .50 rifles... Everything else is OK.

·
Pulling my hair.
28,146 Posts
Just go shooting. Co. is full of public land. I never shoot indoors as all public land is open to shoot on. Hell i will buy a 100 water bottles for ten bucks and 96 clays for 7 bucks. Set them out and shoot away.

·
Deo Volente
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just go shooting. Co. is full of public land. I never shoot indoors as all public land is open to shoot on. Hell i will buy a 100 water bottles for ten bucks and 96 clays for 7 bucks. Set them out and shoot away.
That's all fine and nice when you live in a place where the public lands have a sprinkler system that works. I just can't bear the thought of starting a fire.

I pay fifty dollars a year and it doesn't include a lot. You have to drive into town to get keys and then bring them back. The road going up to the range is iffy in wet or snowy weather, blah, blah, blah. May I please have some cheese with my whine? :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Man we had 8 inches of rain last night, flooding. Had to pull the pontoon and dock back out, lake to rise 8 feet. Radical in both places. Wish I could send you a lot of water. Hope it gets better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts