1911 Firearm Addicts banner

The Range Officer Substitute

Tags
officer range
3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ditto1958 
#1 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger Everyday carry Tan
I went out and bought a new SR1911 today, the newish target model. I’m not sure what took me so long to buy an SR1911. Ever since I found out about them, I thought Ruger had hit one out of the park.

The store had a regular one in the 5 inch model, and it looked fine. The trigger had a lot of creep, though, and did not break very crisply. The trigger on the target model was much better. I also actually was looking for a 1911 with target sights.

I field stripped it, cleaned and lubed it, and went to the range with a box of American Eagle 230 fmj ammo. All 50 cycled without a hitch. If I did my job, my shots went right where I pointed the sights.

Although I overpaid a bit by buying at a local store instead of ordering from an online seller, but at least I got instant gratification.

So far, I’m very happy. The gun has excellent fit and finish and looks really nice.

See less See more
#8 ·
Now if Ruger would just do a gvm't sized in 9mm w/adj sights I'd get one. Until then I'll keep shooting my RO Elite Target in 9mm. It's a little over a week old and It now has about 300 flawless rds down range.

I do have a Ruger SR1911 Cmd all steel in .45ACP and I like it a heck of a lot. Wish they would offer the adjustable sights on their web site so I would know that I was getting something that fits.

#11 ·
WHY substitute? No ROs for sale in your area? Only correct way to deal with this is own
one (or more) of each.
I think the RO's are the best production target pistols around!! I have a Ruger 1911 with
green lazer grips hanging on my bed post!.......LUV this forum!
The RO would be my first choice. It has all the right features, and the price is right. I will not buy anything sold by Springfield, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.