1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
I want one also!!! Wonder what the addicts street price will be? Does anyone have them in stock yet? Awesome & the 2 1/2# trigger sold me. I'm a trigger snob.

I've never had or shot a STI firearm. Are they as good as guys say they are? How do they compare to NH, GI, & WC as far as reliability, shoot-ability, quality, & fit & finish? I'd appreciate hearing anything about them positives & negatives.

Jim D. - BCD 4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want one also!!! Wonder what the addicts street price will be? Does anyone have them in stock yet? Awesome & the 2 1/2# trigger sold me. I'm a trigger snob.

I've never had or shot a STI firearm. Are they as good as guys say they are? How do they compare to NH, GI, & WC as far as reliability, shoot-ability, quality, & fit & finish? I'd appreciate hearing anything about them positives & negatives.

Jim D. - BCD 4
I have a Staccato P DUO it's an example of a nice, high-end factory gun, so it beats out the regular production guns I've had from Sig, Beretta, Glock, FN, CZ etc. It's not quite on the level as "custom" guns like Nighthawk or WC so far as fit and finish goes, but the fit and finish is top notch compared to mass market guns. So far as shootability, my STI is the best shooting gun I've ever had, by a wide margin. It is very reliable with the newer STI Gen 2 mags, stay away from the Gen 1 STI mags though, they needed tuning to work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Appears the Stac R uses the same grip mounting as the Staccato C.......

Wonder if it will also have the restriction, like the Staccato C, that removing the grip will void the "associated" warranty?

Text Font Black-and-white Monochrome photography Poster

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I am going to guess there will eventually be a double stack R2 version which may fill the role of the Edge?

-pd

·
Registered
176 Posts
So I am going to guess there will eventually be a double stack R2 version which may fill the role of the Edge?

-pd
I, for one, would love to see this happen!

Kinda like the Staccato P 5" that never took off, but with a bushing barrel....and keep the $2K price tag.

It would be less restrictive for competition, could be a good thing for an entry level "budget" gun in production division (using 10 rounds per magazine, of course)

dvs6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts