The TRP

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by deadguy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Here's pics of it. Seen one seen em all I guess. Got some close-ups of MIM hammer injection site, the misfit thumb safety, tool marks and a little dirtiness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Looks good Brody. I still don't see why SA uses those damn hammers. But they work . Congrats I guess?

3. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    it's weird. You take the TRP, selling at 1400+ NIB, and put it beside a DW Valor (or VBOB which is my comparison basis), selling for the same price, and there is no comparison IMO. I'm not knocking the TRP, but I have a hard time justifying the price point based on this comparison.

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, but sadly...the Valor doesn't have TACTICAL stamped on it. :Cry:

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The misfit ambi is of course a SA trademark.. as is the overcut tangs.. Every single one I've owned suffered that to some degree.. Let us know how it runs.. Ron

6. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I agree! Nothing wrong with the TRP, but looking at just the price and fit finish and parts the valor is hard to beat. Then you have the good SA warranty that you can't beat. So it's a toss up, they are both great pistols, but everyone has different taste. Congrats on the TRP and I wouldn't hesitate to use that warranty if you don't like something about it, so I hear they will take pretty damm good care of you. I love the TRP, held one and almost bought it, but got a better deal on the DW Valor.

Congrats and have some fun shooting the hell out of it!!!

7. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    TRP or Valor? Why not both?

[​IMG]

claire

8. 230gr

230gr Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I can't say anything about the Valor comparison, but Springfield will never get $1400 out of me with these examples of their semi-custom work.

9. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    Owned a TRP Operator, can't really say anything bad about the gun. It fired every thing I put in it. It just didn't fit me, so I sold it.

10. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I would never pay more that $1000.00 for a NEW TRP.

11. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

12. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Thank you Brian.

13. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Very nice photos! It really shows some of the detail (and lack thereof, if you will) into some harsh contrast.

Andy

14. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I like the TRPs. Hard to beat at the price you pay. I have 2 of them!

My TRP Operator is extremely tight and well fit. My non-operator has loosened up a good deal but I still love it and carry it with me often.

15. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I've had great luck with the fit and finish of both of my TRP's, and they are both tack drivers. It sucks that Springfield let a poor example out the door.

16. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    100 rounds of Atlanta Arms through it today with no mechanical issues. It shoots about 2" high and 1" left of POA at 25 feet.

Overall a pleasant experience.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted