1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's pics of it. Seen one seen em all I guess. Got some close-ups of MIM hammer injection site, the misfit thumb safety, tool marks and a little dirtiness.

·
Bullet Banger
2,202 Posts
Looks good Brody. I still don't see why SA uses those damn hammers. But they work . Congrats I guess?

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's weird. You take the TRP, selling at 1400+ NIB, and put it beside a DW Valor (or VBOB which is my comparison basis), selling for the same price, and there is no comparison IMO. I'm not knocking the TRP, but I have a hard time justifying the price point based on this comparison.

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
The misfit ambi is of course a SA trademark.. as is the overcut tangs.. Every single one I've owned suffered that to some degree.. Let us know how it runs.. Ron

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
it's weird. You take the TRP, selling at 1400+ NIB, and put it beside a DW Valor (or VBOB which is my comparison basis), selling for the same price, and there is no comparison IMO. I'm not knocking the TRP, but I have a hard time justifying the price point based on this comparison.
I agree! Nothing wrong with the TRP, but looking at just the price and fit finish and parts the valor is hard to beat. Then you have the good SA warranty that you can't beat. So it's a toss up, they are both great pistols, but everyone has different taste. Congrats on the TRP and I wouldn't hesitate to use that warranty if you don't like something about it, so I hear they will take pretty damm good care of you. I love the TRP, held one and almost bought it, but got a better deal on the DW Valor.

Congrats and have some fun shooting the hell out of it!!!

·
Anger Management Graduate
394 Posts
TRP or Valor? Why not both?

claire

·
Banned
450 Posts
I can't say anything about the Valor comparison, but Springfield will never get $1400 out of me with these examples of their semi-custom work.

·
FUBAR
217 Posts
Owned a TRP Operator, can't really say anything bad about the gun. It fired every thing I put in it. It just didn't fit me, so I sold it.

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
Very nice photos! It really shows some of the detail (and lack thereof, if you will) into some harsh contrast.

Andy

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like the TRPs. Hard to beat at the price you pay. I have 2 of them!

My TRP Operator is extremely tight and well fit. My non-operator has loosened up a good deal but I still love it and carry it with me often.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had great luck with the fit and finish of both of my TRP's, and they are both tack drivers. It sucks that Springfield let a poor example out the door.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
100 rounds of Atlanta Arms through it today with no mechanical issues. It shoots about 2" high and 1" left of POA at 25 feet.

Overall a pleasant experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts