They finally made a board game that Zoid can play . . .

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by ZoidMeister, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    What's your favorite?

IMG_20181201_132040.jpg

Capthobo, LPRoad, xerts1191 and 9 others like this.
  2. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    It's kind of cheesy not sure it's my favorite but it seems to be the one we all play the most....
    s-l640.jpg

3. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Used to play risk at work on lunch hours with a crew. What a gas! We only had 30 minutes so games took days. The board was always there in our field office. Lots of between session strategery lol! That was in the early 80s the crew is gone but damn it was a blast! Always turned guys into attacking allies by planting the seeds of doubt between sessions. Never played it since but obviously remember it fondly. The game but the people really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Because Hungry Hungry Hippos is too challenging...

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

5. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Wife and I used to have a game night with the kids once a week when they was growing up. All the way into their late teens and sometime other couples would come a play. We'd play mostly pictionary, and or Buzz Word, which is one of those games where you get your partner to say a word without using certain words to describe it. If you use one of the forbidden words you'd lose a point, but the opposing team member would have to catch you.

One of my boys the youngest used to always cheat because he knew my wife was a bit dyslexic and couldn't read and or focus fast enough so he or his best bud would use one of the forbidden words and when his partner guessed turn over the card real quick, they could never get em by me but, would always poke fun at how they could get over on Mom.. Well, the funny thing was is they still lost, all the time.. Not just some of the time, but all the time. No matter how many times they'd cheat we would still beat them..

Now fast forward 20 years and the wife and I couldn't whoop our way out of a Brown Paper Sack lol, make that a wet brown paper sack.. Our pictionary drawings look worse than a 2 year olds scribbles. and I think we know less about each other after 25 years then what we did then lol. I told her I don't think that is the case, but can almost with a certainty blame it on getting old lol..

6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Still plain ol’ Monopoly!! Nothing like a 6 hr monopoly game with alcohol and snacks!! Your going down!!

Razer, xerts1191, wcanterbury and 8 others like this.
  7. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    That game starts with a fight everybody wants to be the car. Lol

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  8. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I think two of my favorite games as a kid were hand me downs from my brother and sister who were 13&16 years older than me.
    A game called battling tops
    &
    A game called hands down
    E.T.A. visuals
    91lLxORQb5L._SY450_.jpg il_570xN.1429017545_poyx.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  9. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I once played monopoly with my Mom and 2 of my cousins for 18 hours.

10. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    In my house it was cribbage, pinochle, hearts, a few other card games. Darts and ping pong rounded out the offerings.
    I learned Bridge when I was in my twenties but it’s tough to find players. I may be unaware that I’ve probably forgotten how to play.

11. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    When I was living with my best buddy, we would sit and play rummy for hours. The **** talking and drinking was pretty epic. Growing up it was monopoly, risk, stratigo. The last was my favorite. I never lost. My sisters say I cheated but there is a perfectly legal almost unbeatable defense. I may or may not have tripped into the table if I was losing. Cribbage my youngest sister owned. Her **** talking rivals my pop's. That was their game. More of a darts guy now, that doesn't count.

12. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    A recent twist on a drinking game....
    giphy (1).gif
    Roomba beer pong

13. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
  14. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

Stratego was classic.

My family usually played Yatzee or Scrabble when the kids were young.

15. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    We go over to my moms every Sunday evening and Isley play rummy, or 3-13. I love cards. The cousins entertain each other. I look forward to it every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcanterbury, xerts1191 and FWoo45 like this.
  16. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    wcanterbury, xerts1191 and FWoo45 like this.
  17. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I love me a good ole game of "Russian Roulette". However, you just can't play that game for too long.

These guy's know what I am talking about, 'cept they are not using their heads literally... or maybe they are, you decide:

xerts1191 and UBOATDOC like this.
  18. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    As a kid C1D9D4BE-8B97-4D00-B61D-A4956D635969.jpeg 533D5918-B1F9-47A9-9157-920486E0DBE9.jpeg

xerts1191 and UBOATDOC like this.
  19. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
  20. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Of course back when I was a mere toddler making FBM submarine patrols in the Pacific out of Guam...the game was Risk. We once played for 22 hours, smoked about a carton of Marlboros(sea store cigarettes were maybe 25 cents a pack)and drank enough "bug juice"(kool aid) and coffee to fill a sanitary tank. Those were the days. I think we watched Jeremiah Johnson on the "big" reel projector 4-5 times. One of my shipmates was from that general area of Utah and cried like a baby when he saw some of the familiar mountains.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted