Think I’m gonna retire the 1911 and go back to a Ber92

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    There is no doubt the 1911 is a brick weight wise. I am having a Ber 92 converted to SAO and that should be a potential game changer for me.

I have some great 2011s and normally carry one now, but the thing I do not like is they pretty much all have clunky rails that add a lot of bulk and weight.

7.62Kolectr likes this.
  2. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    More of something is just more of the same, and means more opportunities to miss.

Anyone who needs >8+1 should switch to something belt-fed or in the multi-kiloton range.

3. Welder49

Welder49 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2020
    I love the 92 series Berettas. When I was a firearms instructor in the CG I could shoot the 92F equally with both hands, on both our marksmanship course and practical (combat) course. Having big hands, the grip of the Beretta filled out my hand nicely.

I would love to have a decent 92F in my meager collection. I still have my duty holsters and mag pouches for them.

But, I will say I love my 1911s more.;)

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  4. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    In a way I’d agree with you. In a way I won’t. For over 30yrs I’ve carried a gun and trained with them regularly. I load up and carry with the thought of having to defend myself from a singular entity. However I think things have shifted dramatically recently and the chances of having to defend ones self from multiples are greater than they’ve ever been. Thinking about multiples and not a single than yeah 8+1 all the sudden doesn’t ‘feel’ like it’s gonna cut it.
    So no it’s not a greater opportunity to miss. It’s a greater opp to take on more than one BG.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted