Thinking of selling my 1911's???

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by John Ryder, Oct 28, 2011.

1. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Well, not all of them. I've really been looking at what I've bought over these last years and have to say, I went stupid with my buying. The number I have isn't important, it's the fact I should have used the funds on my car restorations that I've been working on rather than what I have. Live and learn, not going to cry over spilled milk.

So, besides the "tar-and-feather" approach, I really don't know what one's I should sell. I plan to keep 2-4 at the most, including projects I have in the works, so, what to sell?

Nighthawk Enforcer
    Les Baer TRS
    SA Professional
    Wilson CQB
    Drake Gun Works Caspian
    Novak Custom Colt
    SA Custom Carry

I don't think I'm going to stop at 1911's, might have to move a few other areas from my safe. But I think that will be much easier selling since I don't have any attachment to my basic pistols such as Glocks.

Thoughts....besides I'm crazy?

2. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Only thoughts about how much you want for the Drake or TRS. :biggrin1:

3. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    If you MUST sell.....

Keep the custom builds.

Just my .02.

DAT85

4. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    Well I do have someone who wants the Drake already, no idea on a price for anything yet...just weighing my options.

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Honestly, if you're only going to keep 2-4 1911's, those should be the ones YOU enjoy the most. If it were me, I would sell all of those (except for maybe the Drake), and put the money into a few quality custom builds.

I know you're on Harrisons list...I would also look at getting on Chucks, maybe HP too?

6. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    If you decide to sell I would be interested in the Wilson CQB...and the TRS, Please let me know? Thx...

7. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    I know, I'm just curious what others think...also gives me an idea of what might be easy to sell.

No chances of spending the funds anywhere else, if I sell some it will be for non-firearm projects. I'm on JH's list, and it IS the last one for me.

Will do, the TRS isn't in stock form though...it's had some extras added.

8. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Post pics of them all.

9. Crawldog

Crawldog New Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Glocks have no character.... no soul.... :rolleyes2:

10. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Crazy Like a Fox....................

Once you sell those baby's ... youre gonna go crazy buying more cool guns.....

You can't fool us.............:whoo:

11. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    I'd probably keep the Novak.

12. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Neither does a hammer or a screwdriver. Tools don't need character. They just need to work the way they were intended when called upon.

13. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Ill admit. Ive had similar considerations when I look at how much I have tied up in mine vs how much Ive made in stocks with that seed money. Honestly, I would say go for it. I would keep my favorite 1 or 2 and put the rest of that money to work.

14. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    EXACTLY...I'm getting to the point where I only care about having a pistol that works and want to spend the most time training using that one pistol.

I dunno, I think I know what I will sell now...have to see how much my new engine will run to see how many I need to sell.

15. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Im also there. After running my Glock 19 through that class. I still really like my DV builds though. My G19 just works, I can shoot it well under stress, and I can conceal it easily. What else is there a gun should do?

16. John Ryder

Aug 19, 2011
    I ask myself that question more and more, I can't think of anything significant for my use.

17. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Out of the list I would sell these... Mainly the the WC and NH...

Nighthawk Enforcer
    Les Baer TRS
    Wilson CQB

18. Crawldog

Crawldog New Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Don't take it personal. Wasn't trying to step on your toes. :biggrin1:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  19. 11101110111

11101110111 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Not all of my guns are tools either. Glocks are nasty.

I'd sell that SA Pro first, to me. For a great price. ;)

20. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    None taken. My username might say Glock in it, but I kinda know my way around a 1911 and I have "a few". :wink: I see you're new around here. :welcometo:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted