1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are a relatively new member, or a member with longer standing but only occasionally lurking. Let me share an incident that makes this place what it really is.
Sure you can buy some really great stuff here.... and if you are a seller and pass the smell test, you can sell you're stuff here pretty easily. But besides that, there's a ton of knowledge here as well as some great helpers and some damn fine people.
Today I received a small package of items from an Addict here for no other reason than he thought I did a good deed.
Todd (@TJC357 ) is going through some medical issues that I wouldn't wish on anyone. His daily goal is to try and do a good deed every day for as many days as God will give him. My small gesture was to let another addict purchase from Todd what I had first claimed. (No big deal on my part) Todd explained what he was fighting and that I was the one to be rewarded in a small way. His day's Good Deed.
So... the package arrived, I opened it, I PM'd with a thanks...... and then he steers me to his Flag Pole thread.
This is a man that has his life going in the right direction. For however long that may be.

This is what this forum is about...... Take my suggestion and get more out of it than just a "good score buy."

IMG_5074.jpg

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
6,428 Posts
I love this B! Another reason I love this place is the relationships we all have. Some may be stronger than others but still a band of brothers regardless how far apart we are.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I totally agree with you guys. Don't post as much as some of ya, but I enjoy the "friendships" that I have developed here. Sold some guns and such here and also bought some without the worry of being scammed.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Thank you sir. You don’t know what that means to me. I've lived my life on the edge for sometime, done a few things that weren't quite right in my younger years. But as I got older and decided that the crazy path I was going down was the wrong one. They say you get to a fork in the road and you need to make a choice left side which would keep me going down that path, or the right fork to change things for the better, well I listened to my father and decided that the right turn in the road is the one I needed. I'm only 55yrs old, but I've seen enough and done enough to know that if you try your hardest to just do something even if it's just holding a door open for someone or helping out a friend or a neighbor, or show a good gesture on here, just remember it does matter. I appreciate everyone on this Forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that give advice and help others out when needed, even if they poke fun at you they are willing to help you out. This journey point in my life has made me really stop and think about my past, and when I stand before God when it's my time I will accept what I done over the years, good and bad and I'm good with that. I made my peace with him a while ago before all of this hit me at once, I'm glad to have a wife who is also fighting a diagnosis of MS. She was diagnosed 15yrs ago with that and takes a shot every other day, she still gets up and goes to work four days a week and never complains once. She takes me to my Chemotherapy Treatments every other week and if that's not an inspiration for me, there's something major wrong with me. Well I've rambled on long enough, I appreciate every member here on this forum and please do me a little favor, try to do something good every day no matter how little it may be, believe me you'll feel better, I know I do. To TheCollector thank you for the kind words. You all have a good night. Todd.

·
Premium Member
6,974 Posts
Thank you sir. You don’t know what that means to me. I've lived my life on the edge for sometime, done a few things that weren't quite right in my younger years. But as I got older and decided that the crazy path I was going down was the wrong one. They say you get to a fork in the road and you need to make a choice left side which would keep me going down that path, or the right fork to change things for the better, well I listened to my father and decided that the right turn in the road is the one I needed. I'm only 55yrs old, but I've seen enough and done enough to know that if you try your hardest to just do something even if it's just holding a door open for someone or helping out a friend or a neighbor, or show a good gesture on here, just remember it does matter. I appreciate everyone on this Forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that give advice and help others out when needed, even if they poke fun at you they are willing to help you out. This journey point in my life has made me really stop and think about my past, and when I stand before God when it's my time I will accept what I done over the years, good and bad and I'm good with that. I made my peace with him a while ago before all of this hit me at once, I'm glad to have a wife who is also fighting a diagnosis of MS. She was diagnosed 15yrs ago with that and takes a shot every other day, she still gets up and goes to work four days a week and never complains once. She takes me to my Chemotherapy Treatments every other week and if that's not an inspiration for me, there's something major wrong with me. Well I've rambled on long enough, I appreciate every member here on this forum and please do me a little favor, try to do something good every day no matter how little it may be, believe me you'll feel better, I know I do. To TheCollector thank you for the kind words. You all have a good night. Todd.
Hang tough and keep the faith. I actually was supposed to be dead in 2007. Bad accident, surprised the heck out of the ER doctor when I walked into his office a year later.

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,125 Posts
I've often said that the best thing about this little side business of mine, 10 years old this September, is the people I've met along the way. A couple of you who've posted on this very thread already, I consider friends. I am very fortunate that this is not my livelihood, I'm an insurance geek and that's what pays the bills. But I am SOOOO glad that I got into this 10 years ago because it's allowed me to meet YOU! In the past year I've lost a dear friend to cancer, my father in law (who I loved like a father and is the best man I've ever met), and (don't laugh) Rush Limbaugh who provided an oasis of sanity for me on my drive home, in the darkest times (which we're still in btw). So thank you TJC357 and Buster for reminding us all of what's important.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm an insurance geek and that's what pays the bills. But I am SOOOO glad that I got into this 10 years ago because it's allowed me to meet YOU! In the past year I've lost a dear friend to cancer, my father in law (who I loved like a father and is the best man I've ever met), and (don't laugh) Rush Limbaugh who provided an oasis of sanity for me on my drive home, in the darkest times (which we're still in btw). So thank you TJC357 and Buster for reminding us all of what's important.
omg gif.gif

Mark!!!!...... you're an insurance geek??????
I thought you were the "all time" marketeer who takes the best still life gun photos. .....v v v v see below.

BTW: I too listened to the Maha Rushie faithfully.

snake oil salesman.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I first joined this great fourm I was worried about gun snobs. You know the ones that have the best and everything else is trash type. But I have yet to see any snobs or rude comments about anybody's choice's. I have seen some great people do some generous things. And I'm glad I joined.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your wife truly is a Angel I too have MS mine is primary progressive and at one point the doctors had tried everything but couldn't slow it down. So they decided chemo would be the last thing they had. To may a long story short I can understand what you are both going thru. It's hard to be positive when you are so tired and feel awful every waking moment. You are definitely on the right path and what you are doing daily is the only way to have you and peace in your life. I know I'm tired of being in pain and being so tired I can't see straight everyday. Perhaps coping your way is a much better way than I've been doing it lately.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,337 Posts
Well done Buster!
Prayers for Healing sent for Todd!

·
Registered
805 Posts
After a year I am amazed at the collection of genuinely good people here on our forum. Guys that bend over backward to be honorable and extend a kindness to someone who initially is a stranger. A true measure of character. I did not anticipate this at all when I joined. Not surprised in the least with the experience you shared Buster. Your sharing this with everyone really makes my point. We got your back TJC357.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Thank you for the reminder of what this place truly is about @TheCollector. I do spend a little bit of time perusing the classifieds but this place really is a community and it is what we make it. Only been here for a few years so not since the beginning but I appreciate those that created this and laid the foundation and it’s our duty to be stewards of that. Most days I feel we are all doing an excellent job of that! Cheers all

1 - 20 of 41 Posts