1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I am new here as well. I appreciate the place and the people.
The amount of REAL knowledge here is incredible.
I love how folks tell it like it is and if your thin skinned, well sorry bout your luck :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm another that doesn't post as much as many others do, but, I log in to look around almost daily. And I will second what others have stated, these are some of the best people you could want to associate with anywhere, anytime..

All the knowledge is just a plus.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Thank you sir. You don’t know what that means to me. I've lived my life on the edge for sometime, done a few things that weren't quite right in my younger years. But as I got older and decided that the crazy path I was going down was the wrong one. They say you get to a fork in the road and you need to make a choice left side which would keep me going down that path, or the right fork to change things for the better, well I listened to my father and decided that the right turn in the road is the one I needed. I'm only 55yrs old, but I've seen enough and done enough to know that if you try your hardest to just do something even if it's just holding a door open for someone or helping out a friend or a neighbor, or show a good gesture on here, just remember it does matter. I appreciate everyone on this Forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that give advice and help others out when needed, even if they poke fun at you they are willing to help you out. This journey point in my life has made me really stop and think about my past, and when I stand before God when it's my time I will accept what I done over the years, good and bad and I'm good with that. I made my peace with him a while ago before all of this hit me at once, I'm glad to have a wife who is also fighting a diagnosis of MS. She was diagnosed 15yrs ago with that and takes a shot every other day, she still gets up and goes to work four days a week and never complains once. She takes me to my Chemotherapy Treatments every other week and if that's not an inspiration for me, there's something major wrong with me. Well I've rambled on long enough, I appreciate every member here on this forum and please do me a little favor, try to do something good every day no matter how little it may be, believe me you'll feel better, I know I do. To TheCollector thank you for the kind words. You all have a good night. Todd.
Todd

you are the kind of person that makes this forum and this world better. You deserve the praise a nd our prayers for you and your wife. keep up the faith and the good deeds

you inspire us

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Your wife truly is a Angel I too have MS mine is primary progressive and at one point the doctors had tried everything but couldn't slow it down. So they decided chemo would be the last thing they had. To may a long story short I can understand what you are both going thru. It's hard to be positive when you are so tired and feel awful every waking moment. You are definitely on the right path and what you are doing daily is the only way to have you and peace in your life. I know I'm tired of being in pain and being so tired I can't see straight everyday. Perhaps coping your way is a much better way than I've been doing it lately.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
you and thos e on this forum like you touch our hearts for sure. we pray for our members( and many others) to be strong and given guidance by th e lord as to how to get through each and every day and to savor them all. you and those who suffer with you also inspire many of us to strive to do and be better

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Uplifting post! I’ve been on some gun forums like SF, GT, Hk,& SW for close to 20years and I’m very glad to have found this one. Because of people like the ones in this thread I’ve learned a lot and had the opportunity to make some new friends one of them local even.

prayers to all my brothers and sisters here. This post had been a good reminder that paying it forward brings blessing to all, realized and unrealized.

thanks,

·
Registered
218 Posts
As a relative newbie here, I'm glad I stumbled in here and not somewhere else when I started looking for 1911 info.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Thankful for the people here to accept a Chicago guy who saw the light and moved to Texas. For every mentor and ‘friend’ I’ve lost, I’ve picked up a better friend here from the forums. Never thought that would happen.

Wish I could give back as much as I’ve received here. Best I could do is find a hard to find part for bender. Who is by far one of the most honest and trusting guys on this forum. The guy who was willing to ship AR parts to me for me to borrow and return when done. Who does that?

cheers everyone

·
Registered
566 Posts
I still consider myself pretty new here, but I’ve personally benefitted from the generosity of other forum members, and tried to pass it along where I could.

It’s almost like this place is a face to face club house, instead of an Internet forum. Definitely a unique culture here that should be treasured.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have received some very gracious and unsolicited gifts from various members. Also some very generous offers such as offering to lend me a Clint Smith Signature Colt built by Jason Burton when I went to Thunder Ranch. When I declined (I’d be devastated if I damaged it) he then offered a custom 38 super he had just received. I don’t think he had even fired it yet. This just shows what a classy brotherhood and sisterhood we have here. It gets even better once you meet these people in real life. So get yourself to one of the shoots people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm on the newer side of things to this Forum. First Forum I've joined in many many years given how they tend to be. My experience thus far has been exceptional, due in no small part to threads exactly like this. I look forward to learning more and continuing to hear (and one day experience) amazing stories about amazing Humans on here. Glad to be here and wishing you all the very best!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Well I got my 3rd PET Scan yesterday, and the results were very good for what I have been digonased with. My Blood levels are still good not dropping like they were seems to be leveling out, but still under on some and over on others but no significant changes either way. My CED Scale started out at a level of 200 in October when I was digonased with stage 4 Colon Cancer with 3 spots on my Liver, I am now down to a 5.8 on that scale. The large spot on my liver measured 52mm x 42mm now measures 47mm x 37mm so the Chemotherapy is working on shrinking every thing so far. My Dr. was very pleased with these results, so those of you that have wished me well and your prayers seem to be working and thank you for that. So hopefully we are on the right path to getting this under control. Thanks 1911 Addicts, I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement, and to TheCollector thank you for starting this thread, it means a lot to me.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well I got my 3rd PET Scan yesterday, and the results were very good for what I have been digonased with. My Blood levels are still good not dropping like they were seems to be leveling out, but still under on some and over on others but no significant changes either way. My CED Scale started out at a level of 200 in October when I was digonased with stage 4 Colon Cancer with 3 spots on my Liver, I am now down to a 5.8 on that scale. The large spot on my liver measured 52mm x 42mm now measures 47mm x 37mm so the Chemotherapy is working on shrinking every thing so far. My Dr. was very pleased with these results, so those of you that have wished me well and your prayers seem to be working and thank you for that. So hopefully we are on the right path to getting this under control. Thanks 1911 Addicts, I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement, and to TheCollector thank you for starting this thread, it means a lot to me.
thumbs up.jpg

Healing-Energy.jpg

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Stay strong man! I’m very happy to hear there is improvement. My Uncle Scott was playing college baseball and being looked at by the pros. He had a massive heart attack his senior year. Five years later had a stroke. He rebounded and was married. They had two boys. When they were still under 10 years of age he was diagnosed with MS. A couple years later his wife divorced him. He has been through many treatments and has handled the MS pretty well. He still plays golf five times a week. He was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 months ago. He has undergone chemotherapy again (they used it to treat his MS ten years ago). His attitude and love of God has helped him get through all of these terrible experiences in his life. I don’t know if I could remain as positive. Life dispatches things that are not fair. Having good people around you, and faith, during these times is paramount. Prayer is a very strong action. Stay strong and prayers for you Bud. Keep the faith. God is good.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts