This is why you don't let a bad guy put you on the ground

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Amp Mangum, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Sadly, compliance doesn't always work.

3. Amp Mangum

Amp Mangum Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2018
  4. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    It’s better to die fighting. One must learn to cultivate primal violence on a moments notice.

boatdoc, UBOATDOC, JD31 and 4 others like this.
  5. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    While it’s a very sad event I’m not sure what most women could do against a guy who walks in and is already pointing a gun at them?
    Maybe a woman with some Jiu Jitsu training or a man with some H2H skills could’ve drawn him in a bit closer and disarmed him or something. But unarmed inexperienced women against an armed man are pretty much doomed if he decides to do what he did.

6. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face”

5 unarmed folks with no training who likely were cooperative because they thought it was a typical robbery. Nutcase with a gun who already had a drop on them...

7. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Only way I see that ending any different is if one or more would have been armed and that’s still no guarantee.

Sneaky One, boatdoc, UBOATDOC and 5 others like this.
  8. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Die on your feet fighting!

Sneaky One, UBOATDOC, JD31 and 5 others like this.
  9. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Col. Cooper said it all. Situational awareness is key even if not armed. The book "Left of Bang" tells you what to look for. The Marine Corp uses it to pick out the danger dudes in a village overseas. It is like picking up a tell in a poker player.

wrmiller and UBOATDOC like this.
  10. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    I 100% agree but with the Pussification of America well underway, the shrieking nutbags will call us out for #ToxicMasculinity for advocating a self defense mindset.

11. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    But if one or two people had been armed and knew what the hell they were up against at least they would have had some sort of a chance at staying alive.....Better to die knowing you did everything you could to stay alive and keep those safe than to just lay there is wait for the end.......That Wait had to have been the longest time any of them really spend pondering the meaning of life.....

If or should any one of them been able to pull a weapon of get a shot off that action could have saved lives.......Cowards don't like confrontation and to them the chance of being shot in unthinkable.......They run and end it themselves before actually having to deal with the fact they aren't in Total Control.

Still a sad day and I still wonder why this is turning into a daily or weekly happening.....People just have lost all morality and love/respect of life.

Karsten

12. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Exactly

UBOATDOC likes this.
  13. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018

Unfortunately, no one has stepped up that has a platform to speak and say F-U to these people. It's about time the conservative silent majority, if there still is such a thing, remain silent no more...

14. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Bring back Sparky!

UBOATDOC and Gimpster like this.
  15. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The Father Figure to teach the children was long gone many many years ago. I was one that raised themselves in a home with a mother that didn't care like I am sure many where.......I grew to know what was right and what was wrong thanks to my Grandfather......I figure I like so many other grew up past the We need to be taken care of Generation....Or We just never knew what the hell that was to start with....I fought to get where I was back then. I stashed my glass coke bottle worth .03-.07 a piece but I made sure I knew where they were....That was my cash Cashe.

I paid for my own Green Varsity Schwinn 10 Speed and I rode that thing 10-100 miles a day....That bike was my Freedom.

I got kicked out of school for long hair, I got kicked out for a home made lever lock switchblade, I fought behind the school, I fought on the way home from school.....I didn't like to fight but I did and I learned without a father figure........

I, like many here would be the 1st to jump in to a fight, save a live, take a life to save a life just because that was the way We AS MEN where brought up.....Am I a bad ass tattooed whatever....

Hell no....I would be that guy that would shovel your mothers driveway for a homemade cookie, The guy that would smile at your wife known she is hot and way out of my league but I would still ask her if I can run the shopping cart to the rack she she doesn't have to.

Just what the hell is this Toxic What Ever......Other them a bunch of liberals or welfare raised a bunch of wimps and need to give them a reason for living.

Rant off,

Karsten

FNFAN, rmac, boatdoc and 2 others like this.
  16. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Get real, guys, this is turning into a steaming crock of chest thumping BS! Only a fool argues with someone sticking a gun in their face. And die standing? Big deal, you're still dead, and now that you've pissed the bad guy off enough to kill you, there's no reason for him NOT to try to kill everyone else in sight. Call them cowards all you want, but if they have a gun and you don't, your best chance of surviving the encounter is to cooperate. And even if you are armed, if there's 4 of them and one of you, yeah, you might survive, but how many are going to die because of the chain of events YOU kicked off? And how many of those innocent bystanders will die with one of YOUR bullets in them? News flash, guys, life isn't Pulp Fiction or Lethal Weapon, so keep shooting your mouthes off in the forums, it's a lot safer than doing it in the face of a bad guy with a gun. Rant over, flame suit on, later.

Dave

17. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    But once you know compliance is not working? I'm not against giving up my wallet to avoid gunplay but in this case, five shot in the head?

18. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I'm all for doing everything you can to survive, but in this case, five women, all on the ground, presumably none trained or armed? They were dead the minute the guy walked in the door, they just didn't know it yet. Under the circumstances, being frozen in place would hardly be a surprising response, and as there was no report of any of them trying to make a run for it, it's likely the shooter shot them all in rapid succession and without warning. Most bad guys aren't out to kill, even if they carry a gun, but for the ones that are, there's not much you can do but hope you're someplace else. Later.

Dave

boatdoc and 7.62Kolectr like this.
  19. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    But I'd bet one or two wished they could have rolled over with a j frame in hand

boatdoc, Gimpster and Karsten like this.
  20. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    I see this as a teachable moment! Don't assume compliance will assure your life or the lives of anybody else!

Sneaky One, rmac, boatdoc and 2 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted