close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This stuff is great! Anyone else use it???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duketbrd88, Sep 20, 2011.

1. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
  2. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Never heard of it, but I use Mothers/Meguiars' exclusively.

3. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    Well here are a few pics, nothing special just my first real nice car when I was 20yrs old. I have only washed this car 2 times in 15yrs, but it doesn't see rain either. It has original paint and 150,000 miles on it. This wax is excellent for cars, bikes boats etc. etc. Works good on blued guns too. Just thought I would throw it out there because I love the stuff & was curious if anyone else used it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    That's some shine! I'll have to try it out. I have to see if I can dig up some photos of my Mustang when I last got it detailed. It sure was purdy. :lol:

Andy

5. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks Andy, It still looks pretty good for 23yrs old. I do like to put it on with a 3M hook it waffle pad once in awhile. I like to see the mustang.

6. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Beautiful shine on your Thunderbird, great job! I bought a new Thunderbird back then around that year, if I remember it was called a Fila Thunderbird after the sport clothes. It was a very cool car at the time. Additionally, I think they only came in 2 colors, white and black. I had a black one, really a great car at the time...Congrats on having taken great care of yours...now I miss mine kinda, I don't even remember if I still had a picture of it! Regards, Will

7. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks Will! I just can't part with it for some reason. I bought way back when everyone was buying mustangs and wanted something a little different. it's a Sport coupe, 4:10's in the rear end and the tranny (rebuilt) chirps gears good for an automatic. I put some headers on it with flowmaster mufflers and had someone custom do the dual exhaust, a Gt40 upper & lowers intake, MAS air and some other little goodies. It runs great for being the original engine. i probably only drive it once a month in the summer. I will try to dig up some pics of the motor. I wish i had the cash to put a 450hp motor in it, but the kids come first.

Mike

8. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Wax?? That means you have to wash the car first, right?

claire

9. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    If it is just dusty or rain/water spots, you just go over it and it won't scratch the paint. i am surprised no one else uses this stuff, I think originated in Florida. Oh well , it is nice stuff.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted