1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am funny about shooting at a range except when competing during 1k BR events. Went to visit this facility right before Christmas. Just opened last month and it is just the most impressive I have ever seen. Just for Small example in the retail side on 1911's 8 Guncrafter and 8 or 10 Wilsons new to the SOTA thermal $10k sights and Everything in between.

Best thing is it is 9 minutes from my house! Now if I do not want to drive an hour and a half or 8 hours to NM I will have a great place to shoot indoors even have a 50 yard rifle range to do things like fireforming or function checks!

https://texasgunexperience.com/

Pretty excited actually. This will be the first one I have joined in my life!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
cool...and as a bonus...all of your house guests HAVE to go shop and shoot there

Reactions: Busa Dave

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The place looks first class for shooting and retail. I didn't read the particulars of membership, do you get unlimited time/access? I know the one public indoor range I shot at when I bought my first gun was a $2 charge for a membership card, $10 half/$15hr. You had to buy the ammo there, no bringing of your own, but it was no more expensive than any other LGS/sporting good store. Always kept conscious of what /who was going on at all times tho.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The place looks first class for shooting and retail. I didn't read the particulars of membership, do you get unlimited time/access? I know the one public indoor range I shot at when I bought my first gun was a $2 charge for a membership card, $10 half/$15hr. You had to buy the ammo there, no bringing of your own, but it was no more expensive than any other LGS/sporting good store. Always kept conscious of what /who was going on at all times tho.
That’s when you roll up with a gun they don’t have ammo for and they lift the rule for you from now own. I pulled that off at our local indoor. Walked in with a 6.5X47L and they had never heard of it. Nobody makes factory ammo for it. They wanted my range money worse than they wanted me to buy ammo

·
Registered
353 Posts
Cool! Glad you found something close that works for you.

As far as ranges go: Charge what you want for the range, but I don’t like being told what ammo I can put in my gun (other than for safety concerns.) The only exception are rental guns... their gun, their ammo... OK fine.

One range around here pushes overpriced reloaded ammo. I’m not putting that sh*t in my guns!

Fortunately, I now shoot at a beautiful outdoor FOP range. Clean fresh air. All private. Great security, gated with cameras everywhere. No dangerous amateurs muzzling you. If anyone is unsafe, they are removed!

Bring in whatever targets, guns or ammo you like. Shoot and practice however you like, as long as it is safe. I just started bringing in my own steel (MGM Targets.)

Usually I have an entire range field to myself.
$200 a year, unlimited access, no time limits, 24 hours a day.

Your place looks classy & social... with air conditioning in Texas! LOL
Have fun!

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
648 Posts
It's a great place. They used to be DFW Shooting Sports when they were over in Bedford. The new place in Grapevine is their new facility, just opened. A couple of the guys there are great, I've known them for years. Lots of new faces in the new facility. As soon as I burn all the free range passes from Shoot Point Blank I'll be joining.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.