1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been skeptical of the gun since it came out, but have
been keeping an eye on the P365s development.

I stopped into my LGS a few weeks ago I saw this
gen 4 version with a TS and liked it. After doing research
about Sigs fixing it’s strikers issues, I decided to order one.

The gun I received has a born on date of
24Jan2020.

What’s the word Addicts?
4D8775E2-483B-469D-9396-61420755DDBF.jpeg

·
Dremel jockey
3,987 Posts
I bought one for my wife.
VERY capable gat for its size.
I carried it once.
Compared to my everyday carry it left me feeling unarmed.
She prefers her G19 Gen 5 with the Inforce light.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have one and like it (pre-safety). Can’t really explain it, but I have never really liked putting a striker fired gun on my hip or in my pants although I do it every day with my p365.

·
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was not intended to be a replacement for my EDC,
but a secondary, or mouse gun if you will.
Or something for hot days when a 1911 would be difficult to conceal.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It was not intended to be a replacement for my EDC, but a secondary, or mouse gun if you will.
Or something for hot days when a 1911 would be difficult to conceal.
Now that you stated it’s purpose I can almost agree. Seeing that you have the same gun that I typically carry a guardian, in the same TT holster I know how comfortable and concealed it can be. It’s my year round set up. My wife has a 365 with TS and all I can say it is what it is. For me it is definitely not a range gun as my hand starts to cramp at about 50 rounds. So as a backup or deep concealment I say sure.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,013 Posts
I'm more in love with my G43 now than when I first picked it up last fall. It's light and easy to carry and has a place in my collection of 1911's. I think you'll love the P365

·
Known Agitator
2,923 Posts
Really like mine. Wish I had known about the P365 XL, would have gotten that instead. If you want a bigger grip, the XL grip frame will work with the P365.

Really nice carry gun when you want something lightweight or smaller than your EDC.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Forgot to mention, I bought the hogue slip on grip for it and helps me get a better purchase on it. Might want to look at those if you feel the grip is too skinny

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dwe I pick up one yesterday .This one is the tan NRA stile 12 round mag . I like the feel of the gun .Going to shoot it today .I hope I like it . I have a 238 & a 938 that are keepers maybe the 365 will join the herd.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Wife bought one for herself!
She shoots it about every week and is really good with it.
I shoot it alot and like it.
Can't get the mag to drop with my big hand but if 10 ain't enough I'm in more trouble than I thought!!!
Great gun , keep thinking I should get one but then 1911 parts or guns come up!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
For me smaller pistols do not, in general, work well. I have pretty big hands and finding one that is comfortable and that I can shoot well is difficult. Given how many people like the 365 I think I'll have to go and rent one - probably a 365XL. I normally carry a Walther PPS. Its not tiny for an 8 shot 9mm, but its thin and easy to carry and conceal. More importantly, I shoot it extremely well. I found out long ago that I don't know if I will really like a gun unless I own it and shoot it a bunch. The good thing about striker fired guns is that they are inexpensive enough that buying one and giving it a test drive isn't going to break the bank.
Regards,
Jeff

·
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
DWE,
Since you've came out of the closet, I'll trade you my wife's just like that and too fitty for your NH Classic. But I'll need you to pay the shipping for both.

Seriously, nice firearm bud.
Throw in that 10mm Hellcat and you may have a deal!:eek:

Seriously,
The P365 disappears in my jeans front pocket and looks to be a great backup/bug. I doubt it will replace my
Commanders as an EDC.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I messed around with a few small guns like the 365. I really wanted to like the 938 but I had trouble with it. I wanted to stick with a TS gun to keep controls the same as my 1911s. I was able to fire the 365, 938, shield compact 2.0, walther, and hellcat. Ended up getting the hellcat last week. It runs and runs. I liked the sights better and honestly I found the 365 and hellcat to be really similar. Got a better price on the hellcat at my LGS. I’ll see how it works out. Hope you enjoy your little blaster Dwe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts