Thought I was getting a 2nd Fusion this week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by notshawn54, Mar 19, 2019.

1. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Ok not a Fusion firearm, spinal fusion in my neck, C5-C6. I was scheduled to have this done Friday, but low and behold on Saturday I came down with a toothache. Yesterday had a root canal and now no surgery for me until May 3rd. So 6 more weeks of arm pain/numbness. This pushes me a little closer to June 1st than I wanted, but dang it I’m going to make it to Kentucky. The Docs say the recovery is a lot easier than the fusion I had 14 years ago on my lower back. L4-L5-S1. They say I can go back to work in 1-2 weeks with lifting restrictions, so I’ll just pack a little lighter (ammo cans 1/2 full). Thanks for putting up with my rant.

isialk and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  2. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Damn hope your week gets better and you get that spine squared away. Good Luck

notshawn54 and Steve Owens like this.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    The new tech out there now is amazing. I had my C5-C6-C7 done, along with several other procedures, and it was a game changer. I am currently hooked up with the Mobi-C, and the difference is night and day from the old school cervical spinal fusion process. All that aside- I just wanna say, hey man, God bless! I really hope you have a great procedure, and a speedy recovery. I know what you're going through, and it is a tough road to travel.

notshawn54 and Steve Owens like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry to here that Shawn. My neck is still torqued up.. My vision is still blurry. I am definitely a hazard on the highway about now.. I sure hope they get you fixed up and you recoup good before the shoot. That thing is creeping up on us very very quickly. for sure... Amazing how fast the time goes. Oh, and I am sure you'd much rather it would be a fusion firearm. But, then again you welcome this kind of thing if it's gonna take care of the pain.

notshawn54 likes this.
  5. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Hoping you feel better

notshawn54 likes this.
  6. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    Good luck Sean,
    Looking forward to seeing you in Kentucky and hope you are adequately recovered by then

notshawn54 likes this.
  7. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Thanks for the well wishes. It’s all just a bump in the road. Gonna do all I can to get to the Blue Grass State. Don’t want to miss out on the nanner puddin’. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

8. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Best wishes for a full recovery. Unfortunately you can’t really control lots of aspects of your health. But, if you try to focus on the things you can control it will help your overall condition and speed your recovery. Good luck friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted