1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
If I were you I would call Rusty Sherrick and see what he can do for you. All his holsters are horsehide, they wear like iron, and the quality is through the roof. You won't be disappointed.

·
Known Agitator
3,172 Posts
Not very familiar with Galco holsters. But, at those prices, I would be looking hard at Milt Sparks holsters. Want something about half that price that is well made, check out Jason Winnie. https://www.jasonwinnie.com/

·
Wrinkled Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If I were you I would call Rusty Sherrick and see what he can do for you. All his holsters are horsehide, they wear like iron, and the quality is through the roof. You won't be disappointed.
I checked out his site. Looks nice.

Not very familiar with Galco holsters. But, at those prices, I would be looking hard at Milt Sparks holsters. Want something about half that price that is well made, check out Jason Winnie. https://www.jasonwinnie.com/
I was looking at Milt Sparks site. Any idea what the delivery time might be?

I have seen some Galco products. I believe they may be equivalent to early Bianchi quality. It appears Galco has a Star PD blank. Not sure how close a Commander frame/slide would be in exterior dimensions. Think the Star slide is more narrow.

I have problems with wearing a belt for long periods due to injury/scars. I have relied upon other forms of CC, but need to step up to more serious equipment.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I talked to Rusty. He can make whatever you need for your Star. It is smaller than a Commander as I remember from the one I owned back in the late 70's. A nice forgotten carry gun.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have used and still have galco summer comforts, for Glock 26/19 & an HK p30, Decent holsters

But for a similar style holster I switched to the Milt Sparks summer special II.

·
Known Agitator
3,172 Posts
No idea on Sparks delivery time, I bought mine on the forums... I feel you on back problems and carrying. I have had to try a lot of holsters before I found what works for me. Make sure you are using a good belt.

I am sure Sparks would know if they can make a holster for your gun, but I know there is some wait. But, sometimes the wait is worth it. Jason is very easy to work with as well, if you want something done, he will try to work with you.

·
Wrinkled Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of belts. How well do those nylon/web type of belts work?

I have a nice leather "Ranger" type of belt from EPS, but it tends to cause discomfort quickly.

·
Known Agitator
3,172 Posts
Speaking of belts. How well do those nylon/web type of belts work?

I have a nice leather "Ranger" type of belt from EPS, but it tends to cause discomfort quickly.
The only belt I have found so far that works for me is a metal reinforced leather. I have heard double stitched leather works well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts