1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title shows, for some reason thinking this would be a neat gun to plink around with...anyone have one ? Thoughts? Just for basic range target shooting.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Buy an original. I had a couple, nice rifles. The new ones are poorly executed by comparison. They're ugly, too.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I look at one every workday and the style is growing on me, for the price point. The Glock mag adapter is a nice touch. The newest model looks even better but I haven’t touched one yet, or shot either. If it calls to you, answer! If it is reliable and reasonably accurate it would be a great plinker.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
2,454 Posts
For the price....I think I'll go with an AR style that has a Glock specific magwell size. Maybe a $100 more, and ar parts interchange pretty easily.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve been shooting one that a buddy of mine bought. He’s put around 1,000 rounds through it so far. Zero issues. He has won a couple local PCC matches with it. It has near zero recoil and handles really nice. I didn’t think I would like it as much as I do. There are some after market parts starting to pop up for them.

if you want an inexpensive option to an AR9 they’re good to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
646 Posts
No experience with them but I always thought they looked cool and fun. (Was always a fan of the Marlin “Camp” models too). I’ve often thought it strange that Pistol-caliber carbines are not more popular (and made a little more affordable). I really thought Glock would be the one to introduce an affordable one. For people intimidated by a rifle or shotgun but unable to handle recoil in a handgun it seems like a no-brainer.

To be honest it looks like they’re trying to make it all tactical and ultra cool with the AR style butt stocks, pistol grips, rails, heat shields, etc. Personally I like the ones that simply resemble their basic 10-22. Wish they weren’t so expensive.

·
I do not consent.
1,427 Posts
Pistol Annie got one last week. I think she got it for $450 at the Black Friday sale at Academy. She sighted it in today, at 20 yards (which is about as far as she can see with iron sights.)

Line Colorfulness Parallel Square Rectangle

She'll be adding a Sig ROMEO5 Red Dot to it later this week. She seems to really like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.