Thoughts? The addiction? Or Group intro diction?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by cgff, Nov 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Good morning group,
    I was sitting typing a pm to a fellow member and after proofing it felt maybe it Should be a thread of its own with a few tweaks.
    Fellow addicts is there one pistol that you reach for to CCW over all others? Kinda like that well worn pair of boots or? (You cannot part with)
    I’m not asking for what it might be? But the rational of seeking another when you have that one?
    My example is my ACW prime Just yesterday with knowing I was going to be working a long shift and the back was a little sore, initially opted for my G43, on the belt it went and off it went same with the guardian same routine. Worked carrying my prime a little stiff today but all is good. I’m fortunate to own a few other very nice 1911s. But the Prime is steadily growing and becoming the one reached for.
    So with all of this meandering and fussing why do we seek out yet another 1911 or ?
    Mine is or might be a DW Classic Bobtail, needs-wants? Anyone else in the same canoe?

41 Charlie and xerts1191 like this.
  2. MisterC

MisterC Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Well, if you're old enough to remember the old Lays Potato Chip slogan, you'll understand. ;)

3. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Definitely spot on, But now I m just a little closer to hitting that buy now button so to say

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  4. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Could be worse you could be addicted to Meth or Crack, etc. etc.

gps man, tylerishonda and xerts1191 like this.
  5. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    I’m old and steadily getting shorter and rounder, used to be carrying the full size one niner eleven wasn’t a hassle. Too heavy nowadays, have never snuggled up to the poly guns. Concealment is a big deal for me, so I opt for my snubbie revolvers these days. May not be the most effective means of defense, but may thwart a hoodlum with mal intentions.

6. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    In jacket weather which it is starting to be now, I seem to always reach for the LCR. (6 shot .327 Federal Magnum)
    That said it's my bug, but I like having it in my jacket pocket, it's hammerless so no need to even present the firearm to fire it.
    On the hip is a 1911, that too seems to always be the same more often than not it's a guardian in 38 super.

FWoo45 and gps man like this.
  7. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I've pondered a similar question as I have many options, quite a few of which score higher, logically, but I most often carry a J or K frame. When I buy something new, or consider it, I think I am chasing the skill level I had 30 years ago when I had but one gun, a S&W 586, which I shot into an early grave. Rationally I know I need to settle only on one, and commit to training heavily with it, but something shiny keeps distracting me. Currently it is a DW Classic Commander Bobtail I had them build in 38 Super. I was notified this morning that it ships today. Perhaps, finally, this will be the one.

cgff, WHEELS, FWoo45 and 1 other person like this.
  8. samuse

samuse Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I strap on my 5" 9mm CQB lightweight most every day.

FWoo45 likes this.
  9. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    We're going to need a bigger canoe...

cgff likes this.
  10. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I’ve got two canoes here at the house. Both 17 footers.

We need bigger than that?

41 Charlie likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted