1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Go Ahead, Make My Day!
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Addicts.....Sorting My 1911s Lately Cause Me To Group Together Similar 1911s. These Three Are Colts....Commanders....45acp...and Two are "Custom Combat" and the Two Tone is a "Custom Carry" with a Full Meltdown Package. And Yes, They Can Shoot Lights Out!!

Enjoy the Pics of these Old School Unusual Customized Commanders.

Below Are Group Pics

Combat Commander w Bomars,Tiger Tooth Stippling-Custom Combat package

Lightweight Commander w Novaks- Custom Combat Package

Combat Commander-Novaks, Checkered Frontstrap,Bar Sto Bbl,Two Tone-Custom Carry and Full Meltdown Package

Look at How the Barrel And Bushing is Blended on the "Meltdown"

Compare to Normal Barrel and Bushing

·
John 14:6
1,462 Posts
I really like the "melted" two tone..... No I really do like it!
Thanks for the posting.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
So freaking cool! I'm just a little jealous Haris :)

Reactions: Haris1

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,248 Posts
Very nice!! I've always liked their work and have had several Clark guns, the one I've hung onto is my Colt ORM 1991A1 Compact Meltdown. The meltdown treatment of the big bushing is one of my favorite features, it makes for a very unique look from the front.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Very nice!! I've always liked their work and have had several Clark guns, the one I've hung onto is my Colt ORM 1991A1 Compact Meltdown. The meltdown treatment of the big bushing is one of my favorite features, it makes for a very unique look from the front.

Lots of goodness going on there. Who did the bluing? Clark?

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,248 Posts
Lots of goodness going on there. Who did the bluing? Clark?
I had it refinished several years ago by Dietrich Gunsmithy here in Maine. Clarks had parkerized it and the finish was worn from carrying. I had Dietrich's checker it,, recrown the barrel, remove the rollmarks from the slide, polish everything and blue it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts