1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks E39 !

I'm totally new to the .45 (the gun I used until now is a Sig Sauer P-228) which is pretty different...that's why I was asking whether the thumb on top the safety was an acceptable option. Your point sounds good, minimum effort and maximum efficency...I'll give it a try during the next range training !

Thank you !

·
~
246 Posts
Is it correct to place the thumb on the thumb safety when shooting?

Thank you!
I assume you are talking about 1911s. Yes, it is correct; the reason because you do it is to make sure that you do not engage the safety by mistake because of the recoil. Actually, I place my thumb on the safety when shooting my SIG SAO as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mamma mia ! What a great vid ! I cleared my doubts and learnt a lot...how lucky you are in the States, being able to take advantage of such a high number of true professionals ! God bless America !

Regards from Italy !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...at this stage, would it be advisable to substitute the original safety with an extended one ?

Thanks for your patience!

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
^ that's your preference. Practice is key to keep your thumb going to the same place, regardless of style of TS that's on the gun.

·
~
246 Posts
^ that's your preference. Practice is key to keep your thumb going to the same place, regardless of style of TS that's on the gun.
I agree; it is just a matter of personal preference. Same thing with the ambidextrous thumb safety and the beavertail safety.

·
Registered
861 Posts
+1 on preferences -

There's *sooooooo* many good techniques out there. That's why I like to learn from as many as possible, so I can choose not only what fits me best, but also what fits the firearms that I'm shooting.

There's more than one way to skin a cat! :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
+1 on preferences -

There's *sooooooo* many good techniques out there. That's why I like to learn from as many as possible, so I can choose not only what fits me best, but also what fits the firearms that I'm shooting.

There's more than one way to skin a cat! :smile:

coming from an Asian guy, that has more mean than the intended... :pound:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts