Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special on GB.

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TheCollector, Oct 4, 2018.

1. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    For someone who is looking for a Baer TRS. This is the one I just let go for my Cabot. I bought it from the original owner as his safe queen. I put 7 (yes, seven)rds. thru it. The wear on the barrel/bushing area mentioned in the description is nothing. The thing is still so tight you have bump it to rack... a beautiful gun. IMO

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787512769

2. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right...

Sep 11, 2012
    For a small town Iowa shop... they have some amazing 1911's in their inventory.

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.

3. grayghostforge

grayghostforge Hit it while its hot

May 17, 2017
    How was that shop on trade allowance?

4. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I think its like buying a car with a trade in... "just tell me what the difference is" I would probably have gotten more if sold myself... but I was also getting a hell of a deal on the Cabot... so the difference was acceptable. Let me quote what the owner Bob said when I wrote him after receiving the Cabot and told him it was better than what I expected

"Thank you very much for the Nice E-mail. It is Great to hear when someone is Happy. We try our best to make things sound worse than they are so real picky people are satisfied with something they buy and everyone else is very happy.

Enjoy."

gun_fan111 likes this.
  5. MisterC

MisterC Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I live just a few miles from the shop. It is located in a small Iowa town. They are good people to deal with and have a great focus on 1911's. I can tell you the owner is very detailed and honest in his descriptions.

TheCollector likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted