Dan Wesson Time for my second 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by dooer700, Mar 19, 2019.

1. dooer700

dooer700 New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Well, I bought a ruger SR1911 Night Watchman 5”
    .45acp model last summer and I have to say it’s been a great firearm. No failures of any kind and it’s plenty accurate for my skills.

That being said, it’s time for number 2. I am leaning towards the Dan Wesson Valor, but now that they are discontinued, it’s becoming a bit difficult to get exactly the model I’m looking for: 5” duty treat in .45 acp. I have however, found one in commander length, one 5” in 10mm, and one in color case hardened with blue slide, also in .45acp.

I’m leaning towards the .45 in commander length as the only thing different is the length. However, I am intrigued by the 5” 10mm as well. I have never owned a 10 but part of me feels a 1911 should be 45 acp. The color case is nice looking but I haven’t seen one up close to get a real look at it. I hate these decisions and the easy answer would be to buy them all but I’d really like to narrow it down to 1. Or maybe two. Anyways just throwing my dilemma out there.. I don’t post much on here but I’ve lurked long enough to know an enabling group when I see one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWB likes this.
  2. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    The reality is unless you reload 10mm isn't the best option. Boutique ammo manufactures are your only choice for "real" ammo. Off the shelf stuff is more like 40SW.

3. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    WWB, B81, ronin11 and 3 others like this.
  4. dooer700

dooer700 New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Very good point. No plans to reload yet. Thank you!

5. dooer700

dooer700 New Member

Apr 15, 2018

6. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Grab the CCH 45. There we’re only 50 made!

ronin11 likes this.
  7. ronin11

ronin11 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 17, 2017
    Dwe: moving up the rankings as THE Ultimate Enabler;

8. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
  9. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    I bought a Valor from this guy last month. He actually led me to his website where you can purchase it a little cheaper. He has the the Valor limited in ambi and one with out. I purchased the Valor Limited without an ambi safety and it cost me $1484.00 out the door.

https://shop.bkarms.net/products/handguns-dan-wesson-01854-806703018546-376

Whiten likes this.
  10. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    20190214_143329.jpg Here is a photo of it the day I received it.

RN47 and Whiten like this.
  11. dooer700

dooer700 New Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Well, I pulled the trigger on a black Valor .45 acp last night.. hopefully I’ll have it in a couple weeks. So now that itch is scratched I’m onto thinking about number 3.. Baer, Brown, maybe a NH??

Jwp and cgff like this.
  12. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    There you go. Fixed it for you. :)

TheCollector and dooer700 like this.
  13. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Op congrats,
    I’m a tad late with a response but here goes, as previously stated 10mm, it really helps to be a reloader there are some semi reasonable factory leadings available but there loaded mildly.

That duty treat Valor should be real sweet, congrats.

For #3 you listed 3 nice pistols. You missed Wilson, Guncrafter, and Alchemy. You also could opt for a tweaked factory pistol by one of the esteemed Smiths on this board.
    I’m a fan of Alchemy,
    But you listed 2 pistols in your initial posting the CCH Dan Wesson or a
    10 mm, for a 10 mm I’d suggest one of the limited Dan Wesson bobtail Valor commanders if you were so inclined. Either one of those listed DWs are limited at this time Hint. Then there’s the Addicts classified.

Just another enablers thoughts here.

14. Joseph Medugno

Joseph Medugno Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Congrats on your new DW.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted